Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

THANKS so much for all the inspriational postings. Sparrow Ministries is such a wonderful idea - you have given me a great idea for my extra eggs! God Bless.
smile.png

Here is an e-mail I received from a local person in need. This is her original message but she has recently called Sparrow Ministries for more eggs. We plan to get her another 3 doz. eggs today.
I, of course, have changed her name and phone number to protect her privacy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, my name is Jane Doe and I would be interested in receiving some of these eggs. My husband was down for 2 weeks with the swine flu and we were on such a tight budget before that it put us very far in debt. We are trying to get caught up but it is going to take a little bit. I wouldn't be asking for help but he is getting his kids this coming weekend and we don't have any groceries in the house except for what I got at the pantry this past Friday. If I could get a few dozen from you it would be very helpful with feeding the kids this weekend. You can contact me at 012-345-6789.

Thank you, Jane Doe
------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are people out there that are really struggling and they have some very real needs. Jesus has shown us what kind of love he has for us (up to and including dying on the cross for us) and just as he loves us we should love one another. I have a heavy burden to seek out these people that hunger both physical and spiritual.

PLEASE see if you can find someone who is suffering in your area and make a difference in their life. Not so people will praise you for your good deeds but because Jesus loved you first and you want to strive to show Christ through every thing you do.

God Bless!

Mike

If you go on craigslist you will see people asking for food in the wanted section. I NEVER believe them but read one and thought, OMG this dude is willing to sell stuff for food. I took him over 2 bags of food(which we are struggling as well) and dropped it off at his door. He answered sober, clean cut and started to tear up. YIKES!! He said, "I have some things i can trade you for the food." I looked at him and said, "No way man, one day when you have it just pay it forward!"

Last edited:
Mike, I'm guessing you're blowing through those egg cartons pretty quick! Let me know when you need more and I'll order some for you again. It wonderful to hear how you're doing and I feel like I'm able to participate a little by providing the cartons. thank you for allowing me to be a part of your ministry in this very very small way.

I love your Egg Ministry.

It kind of puts the eggs back into Easter!

Keep on following those gentle nudges from God. He will bless your work!

Cal
Jax FL

Now if my silly chickens would ever just lay their first egg!!!!

Our new rector just had a sermon about waiting for the Christ Child during Advent (Episcopalian) I took it as a nudge not to rush those silly chickens. It is hard to wait in a gots to have it right now immediate society but I am going to try!

Quote:
I'm not going through them nearly as quickly as I would like. What I mean is I just can’t find the eggs. I have another lead on a supplier so we will see.

Dianne.... it has not been a small thing you have done with the cartons but a real HUGE help to us. We consider ourselves very blessed to have you partner with us. Many people are returning these cartons and we will certainly get all the use we can from them.

WE ARE TRULY BLESSED!

Last edited:
Update:

Last night I met a new supplier for eggs. This supplier is an older lady who lives close by us and lives by herself (she lets her chicken roam). These eggs it will cost me .50 cents more a doz but I feel like it’s necessary since my egg production has been way down and my 1st supplemental supplier has not been producing as well either lately. I was able to get 5 doz on Monday from Supplier #1 and an additional 10 doz from supplier #2 last night.

So the Lord is working out our needs. After cleaning and packaging all those eggs last night we will get to make some deliveries tonight
smile.png

It’s exciting to see where God leads us this time and who we might meet and how we might be able to make some small difference in some ones day.

God Bless

Wow! You rock!!

When we have extra eggs, we give them to our elderly neighbors. There are 3 or 4 who just adore fresh brown eggs. Takes them back to their younger days I think.

I wish that we could work on such a grand scale as you!

Blessings to you and and your family for the work that you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom