Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

Thanks for the encouragement!

I know its only eggs BUT how often do you really just get something for nothing? Isn’t there always a catch? So I am not asking for anything. In fact I am not even asking for donations. If God puts it in someone’s heart to participate then I will accept but I will not be doing the “nudging”. We will distribute as the Lord provides. We have given away about 25 doz of eggs this week. It was kinda ironic that when I took the eggs to give them away to our town they all wanted to pay me for them lol. I of course refused to take any money and told them that my phone number was on the carton if they needed more give me a call. Only thing I agreed to take was the cartons back if they would save them for us.

I will only briefly mention one bad experience or at least it seemed that way to us. I had talked to a lady on the phone and I dropped the eggs off on her porch since she was not home. Well I thought it was her porch anyway but turned out it was the wrong house. We later got a semi-nasty call from very rude lady who laughed at my wife on the phone for giving the eggs to the needy. She made one comment about she was “sorry your birds had to lay those eggs”. I am pretty sure the mean lady tossed 4 doz of eggs in the trash. That’s ok though… Do you think she may have read the Bible verses first?
fl.gif

To further intimidate us there was a horrible murder in our neighborhood (within a few miles of our house) the morning before our deliveries. We live out in the country and NOTHING like this has ever happens around us. It does make you a little more nervous about going door to door. We could tell some of our neighbors were nervous about even answering the door.

Ole well, we knew this was not going to be the easies thing we ever did. For every rude person there were more than several very nice people who were delighted that we cared enough to offer free eggs to their community. Our biggest problem is still the same. We gave most of the eggs away in just one day and could have used so many more. I know that in today’s economic times families are suffering and even though our contribution is very very small there’s something about knowing that someone out there cares and most importantly Jesus cares.

Please Pray for Sparrow Ministries

(This goes on all our cartons)
Sparrow_Min1.jpg

Actually it's a great idea....We do it on a small scale here (sharing the Word of Encouragement) and I slip in little pieces of paper in the cartons with scripture or encouragement....It's not for sale eggs, just sharing....

Good luck....We can do this with all kinds of gifts to each other, as we were freely given the biggest Gift of all, so we can share.

We pray over our flocks and animals and pray as we package eggs for sale for shipping...We pray!!!!

We will pray for your special Sparrow Ministry as well.

God's blessings on you all both now and forever more.

Last edited:
Great idea! We give our's to a local men's homeless shelter and to a Food Co-op. (That's NOT 'coop'!!!). The eggs are really appreciated at the co-op right now, because all donations are 'canned goods' and they never get "fresh foods".

Please don't feel that your gift of eggs is small. There was a time when if it hadn't been for people giving me eggs, I wouldn't have eaten very much or very often.

I like the idea of adding God's Word to the eggs. Hadn't thought of that, but right now, mine are going mostly to some folks in the church that are having major financial/health problems. Have to spend some time praying about what to put in with the next batch!

Mike, I have been thinking of doing the same thing here. Must be the Holy Spirit! I am going to ask my pastor if he is aware of needy families in the area who could benefit from our surplus. I do have some people who buy from me fairly regularly. Right now we average 12-16 eggs a day but in the spring we will have 16 more layers ---God willing ----so that number will increase significantly. I have always wanted to do something like this too... I was thinking of calling my ministry "Helping Hens"

I think it is a great idea--- I was even thinking about trying to get other chicken people involved--- I am surprised at how many of us there are! We could make a difference--- eggs are a good, economical protein source. I pray that God will bless you in this new work you are doing for Him.
thumbsup.gif

UPDATE: Friday 10/30/2009

Well this week God added 7 new baby chicks to our flock via my BO broody - per this post https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=260861 It will be a while before any of those will be producing eggs but hey we have to look at the future
wink.png

I plan on picking up the 3 hens that were donated Saturday. The lady seemed very nice and I hope they will turn out to be good layers.

One very special friend that I met on BYCF has offered to order some new egg cartons and donate them to Sparrow Ministries. Seems when you are trying to figure out how you can do it God just makes it happen. Praise God!!

As I fight the tears back I would like to finish by saying it is very cool to hear many of you considering giving your eggs in Jesus name to your communities. There are many of my neighbors that I had rarley spoke to that i am now stepping inside there houses. I pray that you are all inspired of God to do good, in His name, in your town, what ever it may be.

Deliveries will be the first of the week for us so pray that God would give us the right words to say that He would be lifted up (not us). That the printed word of God would reach someone.

May God Bless you all.

If you spread the word to some of the feed stores, you might just get some feed donated. There's nothing wrong with letting the feed stores feel good about helping with your good deed.

Back
Top Bottom