Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

I haven't read all the way thru the posts but I have read enough to say what your doing is great.since there are only 2 of us and since I got the chickens seems like I HATE EGGS but i always give some to my dr.and her nurse. Also the womans abuse center is another cause of mine.I have never been abused, but I got involved in this when DH pastored a small church in So. Ga. I just could not understand how anyone would let someone hit them and live to see tomarrow. But I learned so much working with this program, now my DD and DGD volunteer the phone lines.And I usually push this cause when ever I can. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY for what you are doing
thumbsup.gif
marrie

Quote:
Marrie,

It wonderful to see people who have Gods love in their heart and as it overflows out of you and touches other people our Lord is lifted up. God Bless Your Family!

---------------

Its important that we show our love one to another even in our own family. How many times do we say “Love ya” to our wife, kids, mother, father, brother or sisters. Although it may be better than saying nothing at all it has become much less meaningful in the hustle of everyday life..

If you mean it… take a moment and STOP… look the person in the eye. Don’t say “love ya” but instead say I LOVE YOU. Then notice the difference in their reaction as well. If you were convincing then I expect they will feel loved
smile.png

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas!!

Update: 12/30/2009

Making deliveries this week I came across a family that was living in a very rough situation. First I notice sitting in the driveway of this trailer was a rusty old pickup. They had a broken down fence and a porch that was piled up with garbage. The inside of the house was not much better with debris thick in the floor as far as I could see and old sheets hanging over the doorways. A 10 year old boy answered the door and the mother yelled from the bedroom but never came out. As the boy took the eggs the refrigerator it appeared there were 2 other children in the trailer with the 10 year old being the oldest. It was a tough delivery seeing how those children had to live and I worry how safe it is for them there. I plan to go back with more than just eggs when my finances allow me but for now all I can offer them are eggs and prayers.

My wife and I worked till after 1 am last night building a new coop for the summer flock. They have out grown the box they are in. Mostly old stuff I scraped up along with some cull lumber from the local lumber yard.

I NEED the prayers of my brothers and sisters for many reasons. If you know Jesus please remember me when you pray.

Thank you!

God Bless!

This Sparrow Ministries needs some rethinking. It's devious to foist any sort of "ism" on hungry people. The poor and needy mustn't be made targets of anyone's cult or philosophy or lifestyle. The secular lives of families are no one's business but their own. It's nauseating to be exposed to unfettered evangelicals spouting their honest efforts to spread the Christian gospel. If you want to enclose printed matter in your cartons of life-saving eggs, stick to the Shakespearean sonnets, or to basic health care advice or information on local social services, or recipes for eggs, etc.

Quote:
I guess I tend to agree. I think it's great to share extra eggs with those who need them, but give them from one human being to another human being without invovling whatever religious thinking you chose to follow.

Quote:
I guess I tend to agree. I think it's great to share extra eggs with those who need them, but give them from one human being to another human being without invovling whatever religious thinking you chose to follow.

I could say that I somewhat agree, BUT at least this way the person recieveing the eggs is getting a little something for taking the eggs. Though I think that if you only give to those in dire need, you could be spouting on about raising chickens for Satanic Rituals, and they would gladly accept the eggs, and maybe ask what you do with the sacrificed hens so they could have soup to go with thier eggs.

Quote:

i totally agree

Quote:

i totally agree

...and I totally disagree. I believe Mike555444 is involved in a wonderful ministry in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ through Sparrow Ministries. If you disagree with what he is doing why not go on to another thread that you do agree with rather than attempting to create disharmony and conflict in this one? Let those who are like-minded as he is enjoy and be thankful for what he and his wife are doing.

To Mike555444...

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Ed

Quote:
i totally agree

...and I totally disagree. I believe Mike555444 is involved in a wonderful ministry in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ through Sparrow Ministries. If you disagree with what he is doing why not go on to another thread that you do agree with rather than attempting to create disharmony and conflict in this one? Let those who are like-minded as he is enjoy and be thankful for what he and his wife are doing.

To Mike555444...

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Ed

I'm not trying to create disharmony. I think it's a good thing to share the eggs with people who need them. I don't disagree with that aspect of it at all. Just saying why not do it without religion attached to it? How would he feel if another religion came knocking on his door gave him "free" eggs, but attached to them were sayings or symbols of their religion trying to win him over. I doubt that he would appreciate it much.

Back
Top Bottom