Special chick needs a name!

I'd suspect a thyroid issue. Not much you can do about it, but that might be it.

Trooper?

A gal I spoke with who breeds chickens mentioned that it's possibly dwarfism. Either way, not much I can do about it, but this little chick is pretty adamant on surviving. I hope to have it for awhile. I've grown quite attached.

Thank you for the name suggestion! ^_^

So, I have a little Cochin bantam chick that is in need of a name and I find myself grasping at straws for a suitable name. No idea of the gender, but any and all name suggestions will be considered.

Now, this little peep is rather special. It hatched out from under a broody hen with several other chicks between May 10th and 12th. What made it stand out from it's 'siblings' is that it didn't grow. At all. Finally, two days ago, the egg tooth finally dropped off and pin feathers are finally starting to appear on it's wings. Where all the other chicks are feathering out, this little one still looks almost the same as the day it hatched. I'd thought I'd lose it after I noticed it wasn't growing like the others, but it's active, and eating, and drinking, and just doing everything it can to prove me wrong.

Now that it's showing signs of growing, I'm more hopeful to it's continued survival, and would like to give it a name.

And, well, even if I lose it now, it will be remembered for being quite the little trooper.

View attachment 1425696

It's quite dapper!
View attachment 1425698
MAHATMA.

Back
Top Bottom