Speckled Hen-Accurite

It's not that bad, Carrie. The AcuRite has the top that can read either the time or the "inside" temp. They mean inside the house. And the probe on that unit is actually meant to be taped outside a window to show "outside" temperature, but we're using the probe in the water wiggler instead to approximate the conditions inside the egg.
On the lower right there are two small buttons. One says Temp/Clock. Push it and the top number goes to whichever you want it to say. The middle number, the "outside" temp, is the probe temp. And yes, that entire unit has to go in to read the humidity, but you can lay it down on top of empty space on the turner-lay it across the racks and it will be fine.
I have two of these. On one, the top number reads 1 degree too high and the humidity reads 5% too low, but it took me testing it by others to get how much it was off. My other one that is in the hatcher right now reads pretty accurately. The probes on both of them are very accurate, though.

Ok, don't sweat it. That bator is set so you really can't screw it up. I got the same one, and I've got it all fired up and going. It's holding true 100, the water wiggler is at 99.7 and the humidity is at 47% with just filling the "C" area. So you should actually be able to put your eggs in there and not have to watch all the temps and stuff. So far, I'm finding that to be true.

If you color the bottoms of the water thing (on the other side not the water side) like speckledhen and poison ivy did, it really makes it easy to see where the water goes. I've not yet threaded my tube in yet.

I'm putting eggs in on Thursday. When are you?

Oh also, if your house temp fluctuates below 68 degs, you might want to put some bubble wrap over the top at night to help regulate temps.

Deniece is right about night temps. Mine has a hard time holding temps if my house temp falls below 70 degrees or so. I use a quilted wallhanging or a hand towel thrown over the top to regulate it better and it helps alot.

You have to do this, so you can help me when I'm finally ready to do it.
HeHe!!!!!
wink.png

How's it going? Oh yea! When do your eggs come in? I couldn't remember.

Carrie, do a test run with water, turner going, the entire thing, just without eggs. Then you can learn to operate the bator and see how your thermo/hygro will function. Let it run for a few days. It won't be exactly like with eggs, but it will help you feel more comfortable with it.

Yeah, run a whole test drive. It'll help.

I can sound cool and calm now, cuz I've had experience with a total failure of a hatch. Everything is up from here. Got this new bator, and I PM all my panic attack questions to Speckledhen, so you all think I know what I'm doing
lau.gif

Smitty's Farm :

Carrie,
You are going to do just fine. There are so many experienced hatchers on here to help guide you. I'm sure they will log on and help. Just keep plugging along with it.

How exciting...new puppies! What kind?

I love basil. I think I put it in almost everything I cook. Yum!
smile.png

that's funny as I use basil in a lot of my cooking also. Puppies will be Shih-Tzu. This will be Gabby's first litter, she was one and a half years old when we bred her. We also have three males but only one can breed. We love this breed as their personalities are great, not a mean bone in their bodies.
LoneCowboy, thanks for the offer, I will try to find a wiggler tomorrow.​

Ok, guys now I will try to do this tomorrow or the next day. Now...hopefully...one more question before the test run.... do I have to open the bator to press any buttons on the accurite to get my readings? Or just leave it alone? I do put the probe into the inside of the bator too, right? I am so sorry if all these questions sound repetitious or annoying but I am just confused right now. Believe me...it doesn't take much here.
tongue.png

I cannot tell you all how grateful I am for all your help!!

Back
Top Bottom