Speckledhen...Domino Final update Pg 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I think the final update in the Domino saga.. she is just being a sap now and sucking up the attention...that is all there is to it.

She will not scratch and bug chase in the tractor unless she can see me...then she eats, drinks, acts like a chicken.

also, when I am there she sneezes...now I can put her in her box in the house and close the door...and listen for 20 minutes and not one sneeze...I walk in there and she sneezes back to back...amazingly this stops when I pick her up.
hmm.png

Okay one more night in the house and her butt is back in the coop. I am not being played by a chicken...nope not happening no way.
gig.gif

domino433009.jpg

Thanks to everyone is offered advice and prayers. A special thanks to speckledhen who worked out the problem with me on the phone, offered advise and suggestions.

But, I think she is just fine now.
lol.png

That's terrific, Ladyhawke. I'm so sorry to miss your call today! We were in the middle of a Chicken Shuffle. Dutch is in the Firetower and the Delaware hoodlums are in their permanent home. Whew!

About the sneeze, do you have any hair products or perfume on? Or maybe whatever fabric softener you use on your clothes is bugging her. OR, she's just found out how to get lots of attention!

I think it is the latter because she stops sneezing immediately when I pick her up...little snot. She is playing me or so she thinks.

But doesn't she look so much better? I am relieved and Cheyenne will be relieved to have her in the coop again too. cheyenne woke up at 6 am this morning to find Domino roosting on her nightstand.
gig.gif
Thankfully she was kind enough NOT to go potty anywhere except her little box. Cheyenne says there is nothing like waking up, rolling over for the light and have a chicken looking at you like it wants to say "TURN OUT THAT LIGHT!". hahahahaha

I figured you were out messing with the feathered kids so I just left ya a message saying thanks!

Quote:
Just for future reference and hopefully saving a coffee grinder...you don't even need to use the coffee grinder. Just put the pellets into some water and they'll soften right up in about 2 minutes.

Quote:
Yeah but you helped me figure out what the problem was. By the way she is back down at the coop and everyone is happy. There were no problems with putting her right back in...it is like they all knew who she was and that was fine.

I wonder if us bring certain girls out for the day and not others and switching, if they accept one coming out and then going back better? Just a thought.

You can close this thread if you want to Cyn. thanks again for everything.

Quote:
Just for future reference and hopefully saving a coffee grinder...you don't even need to use the coffee grinder. Just put the pellets into some water and they'll soften right up in about 2 minutes.

Thank you for telling me that. I use crumbles and an old coffee grinder I use for herbs and roots...so not damage done there. if I have the need again, i will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom