Speeders

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
We watch the show Speeders and I am constantly amazed at how people are angry at getting a ticket. They know they were speeding and that speeding is against the law, but for some reason they feel they don't deserve a ticket. We just saw a lady who was doing 84 in a 55 zone and she felt that it was unfair for her to get a ticket because other people were speeding too. Does she really think that cops can pull over every single person who is speeding? I wonder if people like her realize that the times they haven't gotten a ticket have just been because they were lucky there didn't happen to be a cop around that time. It has been more than a decade since I received a ticket but I knew darn well that I had earned that ticket. I think it just illustrates how unwilling people are to take responsibility for their actions these days. If you don't want a ticket, don't break the law.

I don't speed either and was absolutely dismayed one day while listening to NPR when they were talking to a state patrol officer that named "doing the speed limit" as suspicious activity. Seriously.

Quote:
Yep, cuz when someone is doing something illegal - drinking and driving, transporting dope, etc., they will try to be so far inside the limits of the law it's almost laughable.
Coming home from the vet's office the other day, I had a deputy behind me and a pickup truck in front of me. I wasn't worried because I had my cruise control set at 52 (my oversized tires mean I am going a few miles over what the speedometer shows) and I was doing absolutely nothing wrong.
When we got to the passing zone, the deputy passed me and got in front of the pickup. The pickup driver, apparently noticing the deputy for the first time, slowed down so much it wasn't even funny. He didn't speed up again until the deputy's car was just a speck ahead of us.
I'd betcha money that there was something illegal going on with that driver - no driver's license (common around here), dope in the vehicle or the like.

My dad's a cop, so I am always respectful to them no matter what, but sometimes they just really tick me off! The worst is when you are going the speed limit or a few miles over and a cop comes up behind you. Instead of staying a good distance behind my car, they tailgate like crazy! I hate when anyone does that, cop or not, but why are they doing it when they are supposed to be upholding the law? obviously I'm not going to speed when there is a cop behind me!

Another thing that ticks me off is when cops are just going way too fast, whethers its to a call or just cruising around. I'm on a local ambulance squad and I've seen cops come so close to accidents one too many times. It annoys me because it's usually the cop who almost causes the accidents.

However, I also get quite annoyed when people are rude to cops right off the bat. I don't like rude cops at all, but most I've had to deal with have been extremely pleasant. Although my mom did have to deal with one once who could've used a good smack in the face. There is no excuse for being rude no matter who it is.

I have been pulled over twice in my life for speeding. 70 in a 55, got a ticket. Yep, I was speeding, I deserved it. Didn't play stupid, or talk my way out of it. Second, 45 in a 30. Cop asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. "Yes sir, I was doing 45 in a 30". He asked me if there was a reason. "No sir". I got off with a warning. I have a friend who has been pulled over many times. Speeding, weaving ( she was putting on make-up). She pushes the "girls" up or cries. Gets off with a warning every time.

Back
Top Bottom