Spiders...

Quote:
Many tropical spiders are being introduced the the US through Fruits and Veggies from other countries, and from people going to reptile shows and buying imported species, hence my Goliath. You would be amazed at the different toxic spiders you can buy at reptile shows.
Unfortunately even the lowly grass spider can be deadly to someone who is alleric to the venom, as I found out last spring. ( they are a member of the Funnel Web family)
I nearly lost my index finger on the left hand to the venom. that said
It wasnt nearly as severe as the other posters bite, holy wow that is bad bad,

eeek!
hide.gif

I never saw the spider that bit me- I just felt it. I put on an isolation gown at work, and it felt like someone snapped my arm in half.

I was told black widow by the Er nurse, then later told brown recluse.

It started with two tiny little holes- and the most extreme pain, sweating, did I mention pain? It quickly went to worse from there-

our iso. gowns are kept on a dark shelf, folded up...could have been hiding there for a long time- waiting for my unsuspecting arm.

Regardless, I dont like spiders anymore.
AND- I am fair,
they can live outside, but not inside. They come in my house, they earn a water ride in the swirlymachine. Outside, they can live whereever they want.....except in my coop. That is like living inside- wrong choice!

I love, love, love spiders! They are such cool animals! The webs are fascinating-so intricate. And they eat bad bugs!
Now...don't let me see a snake, or I am running for a shovel or ho. Only one good snake in my world-a dead one lol

Back
Top Bottom