Spilling the Tea (chat thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am sure your DH will do great with the animals! When are your eggs set to hatch? :pop
The 26th & 27th... There is also some I put in a week later than the others from my flock so they'll hatch the 1st or the 2nd. Hoping for the 1st because that's my bday. I saw new egg colors so I put them in the bator and they were fertile. I'm hoping it's my polish who's laying them.

@CSAchook we are getting a leopard gecko like the one you have... Long story short, he needs a home so I'm taking him.

Any tips you can give me? I've only had bearded dragons.

How exciting!

I really like this lady's youtube channel. She has great info videos and a nice voice lol.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpdBIibjN9cdNm6qRLb0cpw
Also, the breeder I got Hoshi from has super detailed care instructions here.
https://www.geckoboa.com/leopard-gecko-care-sheet.html

They are pretty similar to beardies in a lot of ways except:
-Since they are nocturnal you want to make sure they have at least one VERY DARK CAVE on the WARM side of their tank.
-They hunt by movement so most will only eat LIVE bugs
-they do not need UV lights (or any sort of light really)
-They do need supplemental heat, but not as hot as beardies! They do best with an under tank heater on a THERMOSTAT
-They need calcium and vitamin supplements regularly (like beardies) but you need to also put them in a little dish for them to free feed from.
-They need a MOIST HIDE. You can make one out of a plastic container or buy one online. Add wet moss to keep it humid in there.
-They need a water dish (unlike beardies they actually use it!)

I would be happy to PM you more details of hoshi's tank if you would like :)

Last edited:
How exciting!

I really like this lady's youtube channel. She has great info videos and a nice voice lol.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpdBIibjN9cdNm6qRLb0cpw
Also, the breeder I got Hoshi from has super detailed care instructions here.
https://www.geckoboa.com/leopard-gecko-care-sheet.html

They are pretty similar to beardies in a lot of ways except:
-Since they are nocturnal you want to make sure they have at least one very dark cave on the warm side of their tank.
-They hunt by movement so most will only eat LIVE bugs
-they do not need UV lights (or any sort of light really)
-They do need supplemental heat. But not as hot as beardies, and they do best with an under tank heater on a THERMOSTAT
-They need calcium and vitamin supplements regularly (like beardies) but you need to put them in a little dish for them to free feed from.
-They need a MOIST HIDE. You can make one out of a plastic container or buy one online. Add wet moss to keep it humid in there.
-They need a water dish (unlike beardies they actually use it!)

I would be happy to PM you more details of hoshi's tank if you would like :)

Oh and two more things:

1) they are self potty training! They will pick one spot in their tank (usually a corner) to always do their business. For ease of cleanup, once you know where the spot is, put a little tile or folded paper towel in their poop spot. Then you can clean up poops very quickly and easily.

2) Don't use sand for these guys. I think you can use coconut fiber though. Personally, I just use a piece of felt cut to the size of the tank (like reptile carpet but cheaper>

Oh and two more things:

1) they are self potty training! They will pick one spot in their tank (usually a corner) to always do their business. For ease of cleanup, once you know where the spot is, put a little tile or folded paper towel in their poop spot. Then you can clean up poops very quickly and easily.

2) Don't use sand for these guys. I think you can use coconut fiber though. Personally, I just use a piece of felt cut to the size of the tank (like reptile carpet but cheaper>
I use coconut fiber, but I have the carpet too. I'll figure it out.

We have a new pet 😁 hope everyone has had an awesome day! I read 2 more novels at my parents the past 3 days. I don't get why I finish so fast, I don't think I'm that fast of a reader but I'm only reading 3-4 hours a night. Today I did read 5ish hours.

IMG_20200120_171419~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom