They're a little younger in this pic though

20200426_175341.jpg

Here's an 8 wk and then 10 wk old male.
2maleA.JPG
IMG_2132.JPG

.... and female at 8wk & 10 wks
3female (2).JPG
IMG_2070.JPG

While searching for those pics I found this one below. So cute!!!

This was my "Spitzie". Such a wonderful chicken!!!!
DD trained her to come when called and land on my arm. (Unfortunately, she was killed by a hawk before reaching a year old.
IMG_2078.JPG

@JacinLarkwell

Mine were born on Easter, so 8 weeks. I'll try to grab some updated pictures a little later. I personally was thinking yours looked girlish, but it's hard to tell from the photo. I have 5 and know at least 1 is a boy because he is crowing. Him and another both started crowing early. Brother was killed this past week. But this guy doesn't have much red in his face yet which is a little weird. Some of the others have much more red. I think I have 3 boys and 2 girls, but spitzies are tricky. While most breeds you can tell at 8 weks, spitzies are usually 12 weeks to be certain. Of course we can always give a best guess.

Try to see if you can get a good up front and side head shot and post again.

My chicks will be 4 and 5 weeks old this week. The Spitzhauben-Sebright mix I've abbreviated to Spright, are easy to sex. By 3 weeks, the cockerels have prominent combs! One of the younger ones is crowing loudly already.
6-7 Spright cockerel.jpg

They are spunky, hyper little birds, the first to do everything.
The Spitzhaubens are laid back, cautious, and mellow in comparison. And I have no idea what sex they are yet. Other than that, at 5 weeks they look like miniature adults.
3 Sptiz 6-6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom