Spitzhaubens

Would anyone be willing to sex my Spitzhauben? I’m thinking it’s 4-5 weeks old. If you see the color purple it is just because the others were picking his/her back. Thanks!
Bad News: Unable to sex a Spitz at only 4-5 weeks.

Good News: It's a cutie, and still looks like a girl. They pretty much all look like girls - until they don't. As the others said, look for little red wattles to emerge around 6-8 weeks.

Hi everyone!

We have two Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhaubens that hatched on 5/12 so they are almost 14 weeks old. We're not familiar with the breed and still don't know if they are cockerels or pullets. Could someone on here help us figure it out?

Here's the one that I'm pretty sure is a girl (although I could totally be wrong!). She has barely any comb and wattles and she's shy but gentle and sweet. Does she seem like a pullet to you?
20200812_190428.jpg

20200812_190513.jpg

Here's the one I'm totally confused about. He/she also has barely any comb and wattles but his face is redder than the other SSAS. Also, he is super feisty and gets in lots of scuffles with the other chickens. His pointy tail also looks suspicious to me...However, his legs are even thinner than the other SSAS. He's almost 14 weeks and still doesn't have wattles. Is that normal for this breed? Do you think this one is a roo or pullet?

20200812_190653.jpg
20200812_190606.jpg
20200814_200307.jpg

Thanks so much for any help!

Hi everyone!

We have two Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhaubens that hatched on 5/12 so they are almost 14 weeks old. We're not familiar with the breed and still don't know if they are cockerels or pullets. Could someone on here help us figure it out?

Here's the one that I'm pretty sure is a girl (although I could totally be wrong!). She has barely any comb and wattles and she's shy but gentle and sweet. Does she seem like a pullet to you?
View attachment 2291896
View attachment 2291897

Here's the one I'm totally confused about. He/she also has barely any comb and wattles but his face is redder than the other SSAS. Also, he is super feisty and gets in lots of scuffles with the other chickens. His pointy tail also looks suspicious to me...However, his legs are even thinner than the other SSAS. He's almost 14 weeks and still doesn't have wattles. Is that normal for this breed? Do you think this one is a roo or pullet?

View attachment 2291898View attachment 2291899View attachment 2291901
They look like very pretty girls! The boys get red wattles at 7-9 weeks. I have a pullet 15 weeks and her wattles and face are turning red and she's checking out the nest boxes!

Hi everyone!

View attachment 2291896
View attachment 2291897

View attachment 2291898View attachment 2291899View attachment 2291901
I agree attractive 2 females.

Back
Top Bottom