Spitzhaubens

Pics
Oh well! A few years ago we hatched some Polish for a neighbor. I found out that the gender could be guessed based on the oval or round head dome shape (before feathers) I was kind of hoping there would be a similar trick.

Very CUTE ! yeah - if you figure that out - let us all know ! Man I could sell a lot if I could guarantee if they were pullets :)

If anyone knows it would be someone who breeds them frequently. That's why I asked here. It used to take me 5 weeks to sex my EEs & Orps, but I've gotten better over the years & can take an educated guess by 3 - 3.5 weeks.

If anyone knows it would be someone who breeds them frequently.  That's why I asked here.  It used to take me 5 weeks to sex my EEs & Orps, but I've gotten better over the years & can take an educated guess by 3 - 3.5 weeks. 

I've been doing spitz for a few years now and 8-10 weeks is when I'm pretty sure of their gender. At 6 weeks I can make an educated guess, but have been proven wrong. A couple years ago I had a hen feathered gold cockerel who really threw me off. That guy went to a pet home. He was a cute little guy, but had a bit of a Napoleon complex. (Perhaps some identity issues as well).

Are you going to be selling any Spitzhaubens at some point?
I won't be breeding them, but I won't be keeping all 6. Once I know the gender, I plan to keep our fav pullet & sell the rest.

If it takes 8-10 weeks, I guess I'll be keeping them for a while. LOL

Back
Top Bottom