Spitzhaubens

2E05D4D9-BEE8-483F-ACD0-117048C92A3B.jpeg
Do you have photos?
They’re only a few days old and in the brooder
There’s a Nankin in there with them

View attachment 1920570
They’re only a few days old and in the brooder
There’s a Nankin in there with them
I am curious as to what colors those end up being....

The dark ones look like Golden Spangled? And the creme brulee chicks would be the Chamois.

Not sure about the 2 with white splashes on the face?

And for some crazy reason I thought nankins hatched a very light cream/gold but with a faint chipmunk stripe? Never had them... must have that scrambled in my brain. :idunno So which chick is the nankin?

20DDBBAD-E453-43E6-97BB-AF8794D4D3EE.jpeg
7E3276B0-B2CC-42D8-B316-BB03B19357ED.jpeg
I am curious as to what colors those end up being....

The dark ones look like Golden Spangled? And the creme brulee chicks would be the Chamois.

Not sure about the 2 with white splashes on the face?

And for some crazy reason I thought nankins hatched a very light cream/gold but with a faint chipmunk stripe? Never had them... must have that scrambled in my brain. :idunno So which chick is the nankin?
The seller told me “they're all chamois, the dark ones will lighten with each feathering & the brown & dark brown goes away. Once in a great while I'll hatch a silver from the chamois eggs but none of yours look silver at all. The wings & tail will feather lighter first, then the body & the head last. They'll look chamois with a brown head at 6-7 weeks. I'm so glad you got so many “
So I hatched 3 light colored and 3 dark

The Nankin has a dark dot on back of its head
They all look the same

View attachment 1920759 View attachment 1920760
The seller told me “they're all chamois, the dark ones will lighten with each feathering & the brown & dark brown goes away. Once in a great while I'll hatch a silver from the chamois eggs but none of yours look silver at all. The wings & tail will feather lighter first, then the body & the head last. They'll look chamois with a brown head at 6-7 weeks. I'm so glad you got so many “
So I hatched 3 light colored and 3 dark

The Nankin has a dark dot on back of its head
They all look the same
Huh...

Well.... interesting.

I got my Chamois from only 1 place... so maybe different lines have completely different color genetics.

All of my Chamois hatch out creme brulee color..... super light chicks end up being washed out adults...

I used to have a few golden spangled and a couple black....

The blacks started as black chicks... the golden spangled looked like your mid dark/warm dark golden chicks. And the golden spangled did at times go through a black head phase as chicks..

I can't remember what my washed out Golden Spangled looked like as a chick...

Back
Top Bottom