Spitzhaubens

Wait, so which photos are which chicken? Go left to right, top, then bottom.....I’m seeing what I think is at least one male.
Sorry: I assumed they were both the same as the smaller younger one has more wattles than the larger, older one. Ansel is older and larger, Kahloe is younger and smaller.

Photo 1: Ansel left, Kahloe right
Photo 2: Kahloe
Photo 3: Ansel left, Kahloe right
Photo 4: Ansel

Sorry: I assumed they were both the same as the smaller younger one has more wattles than the larger, older one. Ansel is older and larger, Kahloe is younger and smaller.

Photo 1: Ansel left, Kahloe right
Photo 2: Kahloe
Photo 3: Ansel left, Kahloe right
Photo 4: Ansel
Well they are almost the same age....I’d say Ansel is your male and there are still hopes that Kahloe is female.

@SueT
How are your "Sprities"?

We have ONE Queen Sebright with an abundance of attitude and ONE entertaining Spitz who has spurs and does her own thing. Love both hens for different reasons. DS said he wanted to borrow a Spitz male to be their boyfriend so he could hatch Sebright-Spitzes and an army of Spitzhaubens. I think my blood pressure went up just thinking about it. LOL When I told him that a BYC friend already hatched out some "Sprites" he suddenly became serious and started plotting out ways to borrow a rooster......

@SueT
How are your "Sprities"?

We have ONE Queen Sebright with an abundance of attitude and ONE entertaining Spitz who has spurs and does her own thing. Love both hens for different reasons. DS said he wanted to borrow a Spitz male to be their boyfriend so he could hatch Sebright-Spitzes and an army of Spitzhaubens. I think my blood pressure went up just thinking about it. LOL When I told him that a BYC friend already hatched out some "Sprites" he suddenly became serious and started plotting out ways to borrow a rooster......
Hi Faraday! Good to hear from you!
Tell your son that the Sprites are my favorite chickens! Little and pretty, smart, friendly. Really sociable and curious, I bet they’d be good candidates for your daughter’s chicken training. They all look so much alike I put leg bands on them...this one with no band, that’s her ID. They lay medium size pink eggs. Very good layers.
E91D2F72-6619-4AE5-8899-2F4B8EFA8584.jpeg
Here’s a mixed group, Spitz’s, Sprites, and the one Sebright matriarch Moonshine—- her daughters are now above her in pecking order. They are above the Spitzhaubens too. I have 3 Spitz hens and 2 have no spurs, the other one does...
6844D7F2-5FA9-4267-BC8A-85CC576987AB.jpeg
The Junior Spitz rooster is in there too, so far he gets along with his dad, with everyone. He’s not a yr. old yet. I didn’t keep any Sprite cockerels. The last one was aggressive twd me.

Last edited:
You may want to check your trunk when you leave my house. There may be an unexpected visitor stowed away in there.😂
Luckily I'd HEAR him sometime along the way.

I'm trying to talk him into hatching some of your Spitzie eggs instead.

I don't think my flock could deal with another little bird like Trouble. I seriously had to lock up the blue orpington cockerel for a few days for his own safety. He once stood close to her and before he could drop a wing & dance, she was on top of him. He was completely shocked by the attack. He tried to run away but Trouble is quick and determined. She would not leave him alone. I thought I might have some issues with my roosters accepting a new male..... but it was only Trouble, the Sebright hen, who felt the need to bully.

Luckily I'd HEAR him sometime along the way.

I'm trying to talk him into hatching some of your Spitzie eggs instead.

I don't think my flock could deal with another little bird like Trouble. I seriously had to lock up the blue orpington cockerel for a few days for his own safety. He once stood close to her and before he could drop a wing & dance, she was on top of him. He was completely shocked by the attack. He tried to run away but Trouble is quick and determined. She would not leave him alone. I thought I might have some issues with my roosters accepting a new male..... but it was only Trouble, the Sebright hen, who felt the need to bully.
Well the mellowness of Spitzhauben gene tempers the Sebright feistiness......

Back
Top Bottom