Splash Ameraucanas ~ Pullets or Cockerels? Updated pictures.

sgtmom52

Birds & Bees
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
Northern York County ~ Pennsylvania
SEE UPDATED PICTURES BELOW...

I have two 5 week old Splash Ameraucanas from a B/B/S hatch. Can anyone tell if they are pullets or cockerels yet? I had a hard time getting them to stand still for pictures! Thanks!

Splash #1 in the front & #2 in the back...

P1110003splash1.jpg

Splash #2 on the left and #1 on the right...

P1110004splash2.jpg

Update 7/10/10

They are now 10 weeks old and I am beginning to have doubts about the darker one being a pullet ~ the more I look at it, the more rooish it looks. I am so disappointed as I was hoping it was a pullet.

P1110327-SplashAm7-7-10.jpg

Darker splash ~ suspected cockerel ~
hit.gif

P1110373-Copy.jpg

Lighter splash ~ hopefully pullet
P1110368-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
My 13 BB/S chicks from the Smiths are 8 weeks old based on size as an indicator it is looking like only 3 roos.
smile.png

One super big blue and two good size black. We will see as the get older if their are more.
We are enjoying our pure Ameraucana very much. Very "smart", friendly and self sufficient. They will skip breakfast to get out on the range quicker and sleep in the window. They are naturals at free ranging. Tough as nails too. Have one we almost lost with something in stuck in its thought. It still has something in there but able to eat know and recovering. Just tough determined stock.

ON

I have 7 Ameraucanas from this hatch ~ 2 black, 3 blue and 2 splash. I really would like to have a nice blue cockerel and all the rest pullets!
wishingsmiley.gif
(praying to the pullet fairy)

I also have 10 Ameraucana/Cuckoo Maran for olive eggers from the same hatch date. At least I can tell the cockerels from the olive eggers as they had the head spot and barring on the wings.

Mine are still at that flightly / scared stage and freak out when I reach into the brooder. Hopefully they will settle down some once they get into the new coop ~ which should be finished enough to put them in within the next week or so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom