splash araucanas!

amazondoc

Cracked Egghead
12 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Lebanon, TN
Yippee yahoo!

I just unexpectedly scored a trio of rumpless splash bantam araucanas -- off craigslist! Yippee!!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
wee.gif

And yes, I've seen a photo -- they ain't EEs.
wink.png

The roo is at least unilaterally tufted, hens clean faced, all rumpless.

I am now busy calculating all the different ways I can make blue babies using the birds I've already got. And calculating just how many pens I'm gonna need by springtime!
lau.gif

This is getting insane. I was supposed to have 6-8 chickens when I got settled in here.

I've already got.....ummmmm......lemme count.....ummmmm....30. NOT counting this new trio.

ep.gif
idunno.gif
lau.gif

Chickens in the bathroom, anyone? I've already got chickens on the sun porch -- where next??

Somebody pull the plug on my computer, before I buy again!!
barnie.gif
lau.gif

WOW thats allot of chickens first I said 6 then 12 now I am up to 17 so I am taking is slower then you but its only bin a year
lol.png
and I am expecting a broody explosion next spring and with so many nice breeders in the area I am not far from Will Marrow at whitmore farm or peachick and possible with my own flock rooster next spring I will be up allot higher and then need to sell off a bunch of chickens and get back to a resonable number or I might just hatch my own mutts and blue coppers for a while.

Henry

I got 18 chickens in the garage. 2 Fullgrown and 16 around 3-4 months old. LOL my dad won't start the coop so they ain't goin nowhere til he does.

Nanny nanny boo boo, I found them first!
tongue.png

They are currently up in Portland (TN). They supposedly came from a breeder in KY, but I don't know the breeder's name (yet). The current owner will be bringing them down to Lebanon on Saturday. Yay me!
smile.png

Interestingly enough, the current owner also has bantam ameraucanas. It may be a good idea to get to know her better!

I'll take some pics when I get them!

Well I have a couple calls in to Dick Dickerson and Reggie Neal for some BBS babies but I may have to get some Splash eggs from you one of these days.
wink.png

Papa Reggie! Reggie is in North Carolina I believe (now that you ask I am not sure. Don't you love it when that happens). Anyway he has nice bantams. I am hoping he has 2 Black pullets for me. I was going to get some back in the spring but my car had the nerve to break and I had to put it on hold. Oh well I hope he has some now. I also want to get in touch with Nancy Utterback and get some from her, she is in Illinois.

Back
Top Bottom