Splash Silkie Rooster... Pick up only in Oklahoma

Quote:
No, you have not told me how great my grandbabies are doing. Are they getting big?

Crowing at 5 weeks
ep.gif
What is she feeding him? Super Grow. Mine are 4 months and only one of them has started crowing about a week ago.

I will get you pics.

I don't know what she's feeding him, but she says "Army guy" (named by her 4 year old) has a definate walnut comb and is actually crowing! She has the brooder in her master bedroom closet, so she's not getting any sleep. I told her I would trade her little soldier out for one of my remaining 2 chicks, but no gaurantees they won't start crowing too!
lau.gif
: lau

Mine are a pretty dark blue with some lighter spots on their head and tops of wings. They rule the brooder.

The australorps are super-fugly right now. Like, I had to pick them up and double check they weren't bald or anything. Black feathers under yellow fuzz = mangy looking babies. I was worried for a seck, but the black feathers underneath are SO thick, they make the fuzz look AWFUL. Combine that with long tree legs and long necks.....
sickbyc.gif

lau.gif
My Aussie's are in a pretty fugly stage too! I just can't believe he already has a comb and crowing. None of mine have a comb yet. Gosh, I hope the comb isn't bigger than his head
gig.gif

I would love to see pics.

Back
Top Bottom