Elite Silkies

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
34583_silkies_and_truck_128.jpg
I also have a black Silkie hen that could go with him.

I also have several 3 month old blues for sale.

Here is a couple of pictures of some of his offspring:

34583_silkies_and_truck_035.jpg

34583_silkies_and_truck_031.jpg

The splash in the middle is his baby:
34583_silkies_and_truck_148.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cammy,
You have such pretty Silkies, but a Splash cockerel is one bird I don't need (I already have one).
What do you sell your hens/pullets for normally?

I am still looking forward to meeting you and your son sometime
big_smile.png

Oh darn - I'm wanting a splash silkie roo, but I'm in Washington. And my one near disaster with shipping, makes me leery of it also. He's lovely though.

Quote:
Thank you very much. I was going to go to the show and was still sick and didn't want anyone else to get sick. At that time I didn't know what was wrong with me, but now I know it's the chickens in the house. Their dander is killing me, lol. I have coughed for 3 months now, but slowly getting them all outside. So, I'll never have them in the house again, that's for sure.

Quote:
I have some 4 month olds and haven't had a chance to look them over real good. I am going to take some pictures of them Sunday. I will pm you some pictures of what I do have.

I'll be pretty busy until April 15th (Tax Time) but after that I'll get to meetings, I want my kiddos to get to show.

Sooo pretty. Have I told you how great your grandbabies are looking?

Also--I got an email from Enjaytoo last night. She had taken 2 of your blue silkies I hatched out, and one started crowing yesterday! At 5 weeks old!

Are you growing super-silkies over there?

Quote:
No, you have not told me how great my grandbabies are doing. Are they getting big?

Crowing at 5 weeks
ep.gif
What is she feeding him? Super Grow. Mine are 4 months and only one of them has started crowing about a week ago.

Quote:
No, you have not told me how great my grandbabies are doing. Are they getting big?

Crowing at 5 weeks
ep.gif
What is she feeding him? Super Grow. Mine are 4 months and only one of them has started crowing about a week ago.

I will get you pics.

I don't know what she's feeding him, but she says "Army guy" (named by her 4 year old) has a definate walnut comb and is actually crowing! She has the brooder in her master bedroom closet, so she's not getting any sleep. I told her I would trade her little soldier out for one of my remaining 2 chicks, but no gaurantees they won't start crowing too!
lau.gif
: lau

Mine are a pretty dark blue with some lighter spots on their head and tops of wings. They rule the brooder.

The australorps are super-fugly right now. Like, I had to pick them up and double check they weren't bald or anything. Black feathers under yellow fuzz = mangy looking babies. I was worried for a seck, but the black feathers underneath are SO thick, they make the fuzz look AWFUL. Combine that with long tree legs and long necks.....
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom