Splay leg help

Try taping their legs together with a very small piece of vet wrap but keep space in between their legs so they can stand properly. I have a friend who has had success with splayed legs by using this method. After a week or so, she was able to remove the tape and the chick survived just fine.

How long have you had these chicks?
Where did they come from and do you have older birds on your land?

How long have you been giving them all these extras? (The vitamins and such)

I highly doubt you are dealing with splay leg especially since you've been giving them all this extra stuff.

What is on floor of their cage?

How long have you had these chicks?
Where did they come from and do you have older birds on your land?

How long have you been giving them all these extras? (The vitamins and such)

I highly doubt you are dealing with splay leg especially since you've been giving them all this extra stuff.

What is on floor of their cage?
We hatched them ourselves. They have always been inside our house. Not exposed to the larger birds. I just started these treatments yesterday when I noticed it. I did have newspaper on the floor but I changed it out to shavings and a towel for traction also yesterday.

Honestly, desperation. I want to save them so badly. I give sugar water with b vitamins and poly visol. I have only given them each 2 doses of tylan so far.
Stop the Tylan.
There is no need for that.

What is them temperature where they are and what exactly do you feed them.

We hatched them ourselves. They have always been inside our house. Not exposed to the larger birds. I just started these treatments yesterday when I noticed it. I did have newspaper on the floor but I changed it out to shavings and a towel for traction also yesterday.
The newspaper is probably your problem. I am glad you changed it out.

Back
Top Bottom