spoiled ducks 😂

We've had some summer thunderstorms and our back paddock where the geese, batchelor ducks and the adopted wild boar live looks like the Somme.

For some reason as I was trying to get them in last night without landing on my backside, caked in mud splatbacks - your swim up lettuce bar sprang into my mind from a different post.

I will be 'encouraging' Tom to add one at the weekend :D

I loves your pics and the beautiful start you gave these ducks !

We've had some summer thunderstorms and our back paddock where the geese, batchelor ducks and the adopted wild boar live looks like the Somme.

For some reason as I was trying to get them in last night without landing on my backside, caked in mud splatbacks - your swim up lettuce bar sprang into my mind from a different post.

I will be 'encouraging' Tom to add one at the weekend :D

I loves your pics and the beautiful start you gave these ducks !
They made VERY quick work of the round planter and two window boxes of lettuce. Luckily lettuce grows fairly fast (when it has the chance). They also had some boxes of herbs and grasses but always preferred the lettuce.

they were the light of my quarantine for sure, it broke my heart leaving them last weekend (though their new farm is lovely and they’re going to have an amazing life)

They made VERY quick work of the round planter and two window boxes of lettuce. Luckily lettuce grows fairly fast (when it has the chance). They also had some boxes of herbs and grasses but always preferred the lettuce.

they were the light of my quarantine for sure, it broke my heart leaving them last weekend (though their new farm is lovely and they’re going to have an amazing life)
Looks like you made some amazing and unique experiences for them and you - and I bet your pics help to perk up your day.

I am five years in with ducks and am still surprised at how much character / opinion they have / don't mind sharing.

:love

Looks like you made some amazing and unique experiences for them and you - and I bet your pics help to perk up your day.

I am five years in with ducks and am still surprised at how much character / opinion they have / don't mind sharing.

:love
I really hope to have some more one day, they were a big surprise for me. Unfortunately I'm not ready to move out of the city just yet (and I travel too much to always have a sitter) so itll be some time, but eventually I'll probably want to move back into the country and settle down. And then become a crazy duck lady 😂

I really hope to have some more one day, they were a big surprise for me. Unfortunately I'm not ready to move out of the city just yet (and I travel too much to always have a sitter) so itll be some time, but eventually I'll probably want to move back into the country and settle down. And then become a crazy duck lady 😂
Ha ! I hear you ! Am the crazy English duck lady here.

The locals drive past just to get a look at the ducks we don't eat or sell :lau

mine too, they’ll wait by the door if i make them stay outside alone. they either need a person out with them or my cat (who now thinks he’s a duck)
Glad to know it’s not just my ducks being weirdos! I think my runner would stay outside and forage and swim - she LOVES the water more than the others - but she’s not top of the pecking order and follows the drake who is whenever the spirit moves him to the patio where they all stare in through the French doors. So pitiful. Poor neglected babies. I even put a very large concrete mixing tub ON THE PATIO (they have a pond in the yard under an orange tree) for them to swim in - nope, they still want into the house. But in the heat we’re having, I really don’t mind. I make them come inside anyway as soon as the pekins start panting, or just for company, which bewilders my dog.

Back
Top Bottom