Spoiled mean cuddly duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Stephluv304, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Emmaxx

Emmaxx Songster

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    :pop staying tuned for this tantrum video when you can get it!

Is there anything particular you did to stop him pooping in your bed or is it just a habit he got into naturally?

Stephluv304 likes this.
  2. Stephluv304

Stephluv304 Chirping

Apr 5, 2018
    West by God Virginia
    Ok so here's a Quakers update on tantrums they have been less intense and alot shorter I found that if I take his prize possessions away (my bed room slipper) he gets him self together faster I have tryd to catch him on video but all I seem to get is him biting me n peeping. Last night was our best night we made it untill 3am before he got to where I caved an put him in bed I still haven't had a successful bonding moment with him an the new ducklings but I'm not giving up yet here is his hello Internet selfie

Attached Files:

3. Stephluv304

Stephluv304 Chirping

Apr 5, 2018
    West by God Virginia
    Honestly It started day one him in the bed but if he would poop I would put him in his pen clean up the towel or blanket I had under him an going back to bed but since he has lost his fuzz he had the one accident I guess he realized if I poo here I go to jail an gets no cuddles lol

Emmaxx likes this.
  4. Stephluv304

Stephluv304 Chirping

Apr 5, 2018
    West by God Virginia
    Another quick update/question I managed to catch a mini tantrum on camera (it stopped when I grabbed the slippers) I tryd to upload it says it is to large a file is there a way around this?:idunno

Miss Lydia likes this.
  5. Emmaxx

Emmaxx Songster

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Does he have free access to food or is there a gap between having his last meal and going to bed?
    The video needs to be on YouTube or video before you can upload it with a link

Stephluv304 likes this.
  6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Vimeo. lol

So ducks cannot be potty trained they have no way to control their bowl habits.

I hope you can get the video here so we can see. But I will say I think he has you well trained. ;) :lol:

shawluvsbirds, Stephluv304 and Emmaxx like this.
  7. Emmaxx

Emmaxx Songster

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Oops, missed that autocorrect! Thank you

Stephluv304 and Miss Lydia like this.
  8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Easy to do. lol

Stephluv304 and Emmaxx like this.
  9. Stephluv304

Stephluv304 Chirping

Apr 5, 2018
    West by God Virginia
    He doesn't eat alot normally (what I think is alot)he always has free access to food water he just more worried about everything else I

10. Stephluv304

Stephluv304 Chirping

Apr 5, 2018
    West by God Virginia
    I didn't think they could b house broke I think the main reason he don't is Cus he crashes hard when he gets in the bed I mean trying to murder bedroom slippers an running a household takes a lot out of a ducky :lau

Miss Lydia and Emmaxx like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: