sportsman incubator

Quote:
If you could ever look at the two side by side, the difference is amazing. The Dickey is just a much better built incubator. The pictures on the website really don't do it justice. It's much more sturdy, and the turners and trays are really well put together. I think Miss Jayne said "It's like a piece of furniture." Well, it really is built like a piece of furniture, out of real wood. And it holds temps and humidity like a dream. Just put your eggs in and pretty much forget them till day 18 when you put them into the hatching tray.

Paula

Quote:
If you could ever look at the two side by side, the difference is amazing. The Dickey is just a much better built incubator. The pictures on the website really don't do it justice. It's much more sturdy, and the turners and trays are really well put together. I think Miss Jayne said "It's like a piece of furniture." Well, it really is built like a piece of furniture, out of real wood. And it holds temps and humidity like a dream. Just put your eggs in and pretty much forget them till day 18 when you put them into the hatching tray.

Paula

I can say that about our sportsman too, just put the eggs in and wait till day 18.
smile.png
And about the Dickey being Much better built, I dont get it nothing has ever happened to any of the sportsmans we have they are very well built.
smile.png

Quote:

Paula

I can say that about our sportsman too, just put the eggs in and wait till day 18.
smile.png
And about the Dickey being Much better built, I dont get it nothing has ever happened to any of the sportsmans we have they are very well built.
smile.png

Not saying the Sportsman is not a good bator. It holds temp and humidity as well. I know someone who owns one,and he has great hatches, but I 've seen them both, and in my opinion the Dickey is just a better built incubator. I would not buy anything else, but that's just me.

Paula
smile.png

Incubators are like vehicles, you have fans of each manufacture. I dont have any expeirience with a Dickey. But we do have 3 sportsmans, and have had them for over 5 years, close to 7 or 8 years (if my brains not failing me) and we havent had anything go wrong with any of them, the still look and work like brand new. Excellent hatch rates. And have hatched many many many eggs in them over the years.
smile.png

Quote:
The parts in the Dickey and Sportsman are interchangeable. I totally believe you, hatch rates are great with the Sportsman, I just prefer the Dickey, wouldn't own any other.
smile.png

Paula

Quote:
+1

also -
Personally, the maker of the sportsman doesn't seem to appreciate the business as much as Mr. Dicky does. That is one reason I bought the Dickey. Second reason, I think the cabinet is more solidly built on the Dickey 'bator.

I got the full package. Acrylic door, digital thermostat, humidity system.

He knew I wanted to hatch more goose eggs this spring so he customized a tray for me at no extra charge to hold my goose eggs in place.
big_smile.png

Wow - this is like the Hovabator vs Little Giant debate but on a bigger scale!
lau.gif
I think I'm going to go with the Sportsman and am hoping Meyer Hatchery carries them in stock because I would like to pick it up today. If they don't, then I might take a closer look at the Dickey. Either way, they both seem like excellent choices.

Back
Top Bottom