Spouse gone away?

KenK

Songster
9 Years
Jan 23, 2011
Georgia
My wife and I are normally just about joined at the hip. She goes a few times a year to visit her dad without me and I think it will be nice to have the place to myself. Not so much.

Heck I missed my DH like crazy when he goes to work for the night. When he retires next year, maybe not so much.
lol.png

Awwww... that's sweet! Hope she gets back soon, safe and sound!

I'm getting ready to go to see my FIL (Dad) and visit a friend, for several days. DH is going to have a lot to do, but since he's laid off and so am I, I think the break will be good for us in the long run. We talk daily when one of us is gone, whereas here at the homestead we kind of hide out at times, lol.

When is your wife expected back? You can always yak here!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I know! I feel the same way about my husband. He just got back from taking a group of his highschool students to Europe for three weeks (he does this each year - sometimes I go, sometimes I don't).

I miss him soooo much when he's gone. So much.

But he's back now, and it feels so good. I love him so much.

I bet your wife loves how you treasure her
smile.png

I know exactly how y'all feel. Farmer Lew and I are pretty much joined at the hip, as well. Before I met him, I would have been content to live out my life on my own without every marrying again. In fact, that was my PLAN.

But then I am blessed with this amazing man who, even after 9 years together, still makes me blush, still makes me giggle like a little girl, and I still miss him when he leaves the house and goes to work. I still get excited when I hear the car (or his scoot) pull up in the driveway at the end of his day.

I could not imagine doing anything without him.

Same here. My husband and I were suppose to go away to our camp in Maine this weekend with friends but I forgot I had chicks due so here I am at home, alone, and yes lonely. I miss him but at least I have been entertained with some cute little chicks. I cannot wait 'til he comes home tomorrow
love.gif

Its hard!

I am going away with our son on the 16'th. We'll be gone for about 2 weeks. I like to visit my family once a year or so. Its hard being away from hubby for that long though.

It'll be ok!!

A few days before we were set to move down here to FL, my boyfriend's grandmother died. It was very expensive just to change his ticket 3 days ahead, so I came here by myself. My first 3 nights in my first apartment all by myself! I was scared but his mom lives next door and she helped me settle in and brought me to all of the places I needed to go (and also had the necessities here waiting for me, TP, basic food staples, soap, toothbrush etc.) so it wasn't too bad. Was really sad not being able to be there for him at the funeral and all though
sad.png

I don't even leave my wife and kids to go see my best friend. He lives about 75 minutes away and I sit around missing my family the whole time.

SP has been in the hospital a few times and visited her mother for 8 days once. That king size bed sure was empty.

Back
Top Bottom