Spouse gone away?

My DH is a rig mgr on an oil rig. We live in Texas and he works in New Mexico. He works 14 days on then comes home for 14 days.
It sucks, but you have to pay the bills.
hugs.gif

And we are together all the time when he is home.

Apparently I'm the weird one.
hide.gif

My DH doesn't go away for work, but for a few days maybe once a year. As a SAHM, it's almost like a break for me. I don't have to cook, the kids and I go out and have fun (movies, my mom's house, whatever), I get to watch what I want on TV, etc. It's relaxing.

So I enjoy it, but if it happened all the time, I wouldn't like it so much.

I hear you. My husband and I are used to even working together, but right now that isn't an option. He is working nights too, but my managers were extremely sweet and set me up on four days of ten hours so we can have his offset weekend together. Like a few others have said, I never wanted to spend this sort of time with anyone before I met him, used to love just being alone, and I'm still that way except with him. But now, I don't know who jumps up faster when the car wheels hit the gravel, me or our dog.
As opposed as I am to cell phones (or really any phones...why people gots to be calling?), I am so happy he bought us some when he started the graveyard shift. We have it set up so we can send each other emails and the phone will bing when they send. It's just really nice to be able to send each other quick notes through the day. It helps a little bit. A really freaking cuddly cattle dog also helps.

Quote:
Me and the dogs just sat around the house drinking bourbon. Well, I drank and they watched.

That reminds me of a story, my sisters dogs (3 jack russels) would go next door when the neighbors (college age) would have a party and eat the vomit among other things. They seem to actually look forward to it, she would let them outside and guess where the first place they ran to was?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom