Spraddle Leg - Splay Leg Treatment Instructions

my little man has severe spraddle olegs, one leg sticks straight out & the other is bent into a V shape & so his curled toes on his right foot are on the same level with his comb. He can not move his knee joint on his left leg, if chickens have such things. Both his hips are & have been dislocated since he was 4 weeks old or so. He is too old for any corrective measures, but he is a very happy boy despite his disability. His Florida Momma tried everything she could think of to correct his legs before she sent him to me.

just an update ...The baby chick died, but the turkey continued just on its side scooching around until four days ago, I hit him with some drench vitamins and HE IS STANDING...very wobblely but up never the less. He definatly has a dislocated hip or something because his leg bends out to the side. I also put him on those rubber shelf liners for better grip!

I know this is an old thread but I just treated a splayed leg chick. I have never had one before with this condition. She is doing good. I used the band-aid treatment. Will see if it works.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Excellent Post! My First time with 2 chicks that have spraddle leg. Just put the bandaids on and the silkie chicks are doing better already. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO!

Back
Top Bottom