Sprain or dislocated hip?

Yep that's exactly what my Rupert did. I'd say if you have an avian vet you can go to then take him. I know they can be hard to find and sometimes a bit costly but if you can then that's what I would do. I can never watch any of my animals suffer or be in pain. Good luck with him❤️
I have twice taken a different chicken to the basin vet, one of which was more than an hour away. They have treated my birds badly, with one of them seizing to death on the table after the vet pressed so hard on her abdomen she couldn’t take the pain. I was crying for the vet to give her something for the pain and he said “we can’t give chickens anything for pain because we eat them.” He was disgusting. I can afford the vet, but I will never take a chicken to a vet again. That’s a promise I made to myself and I will never go back on.

I have twice taken a different chicken to the basin vet, one of which was more than an hour away. They have treated my birds badly, with one of them seizing to death on the table after the vet pressed so hard on her abdomen she couldn’t take the pain. I was crying for the vet to give her something for the pain and he said “we can’t give chickens anything for pain because we eat them.” He was disgusting. I can afford the vet, but I will never take a chicken to a vet again. That’s a promise I made to myself and I will never go back on.
How awful! I wouldn't want to go back either!!! Just because an animal is a food source does NOT mean we should have total disregard for their lives plus its your decision as the owner on what you want to use the bird for. I want to say go back and see a different dr if one is available and let them know what happened because with no apparent injury its hard to tell what is wrong and how to help which makes the vet a perfect choice. At the same time I'd be terrified to go back myself. Only thing I can say for sure is if he gets to the point where trying to help him is only prolonging his pain as what happened with mine then just let him go. Sometimes doing what's best for an animal is the hardest.

Back
Top Bottom