Sprayed Cat with Flea Spray

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I sprayed all my animals with Adams Flea and Tick Spray for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens. No vet around here sells Comfortis which really ticks me off...

Anyway, the kitten kept licking and smacking her mouth. When I looked she had foamy saliva. I wiped it away and it hasn't come back yet. Any idea what happened? Will she be ok??

2. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no idea about the particular flea spray, but:

Cats do that when they taste something gross. THey can't spit it out, but they sure try to DROOL it out.

3. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I worked at a vet office for many years and this would always happen. The cats/kittens lick it and it tastes gross which causes them to "foam" at the mouth. Offer her fresh water, try to discourage her from licking. Sometimes we would end up having to rinse them off. She should be fine.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

My cat did that last night. I worm every 3 months, and my one cat will not swallow the dang pill. Instead she lets it dissolve in her mouth and then foams up a storm. It's disgusting. Im guessing the pill is either bitter or just plain nasty tasting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by