Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
Mighty fine looking chicks- Welcome to Backyard chickens
D.gif

I know the feeling, mine are 9 weeks too and they already look like miniature adult silkies now. Two of my roo's are already crowing and have been for a while now.
I heard one of mine crowing this morning...not quite sure who but I have two suspects in mind. I have to avoid all the feed stores right now because I'm afraid chicken math will kick in and I just know I'll somehow convince myself I need 2 or 5 or 10 more. LOL.

Took each of the girls (2 Easter Eggers, Golden Comet, Buff Orp, Barred Rock Plymouth) out of the brooder box for 5-10 minutes and we watched the Oscars together.
One of the Easters decided my belly was comfortable enough for a nap.

0.jpg

Took each of the girls (2 Easter Eggers, Golden Comet, Buff Orp, Barred Rock Plymouth) out of the brooder box for 5-10 minutes and we watched the Oscars together. One of the Easters decided my belly was comfortable enough for a nap.
That is just too cute! Can't wait for my chicks to come!!! Ughhhhh I gotta stop looking at everyone's babies it's making me even more impatient.

30 Days and counting down!!! Went to a feed store to look at their chicks to see how big the feet were. I am planning on building a small adjustable perch for the babies that can be raised and diameter increased as needed. What size should I start with? PS There were no chicks, feed store gets their shipment this Friday. I will NOT buy any!!!(Avoid chicken math)?? BB

Back
Top Bottom