Spring Poultry Orders - Ideal Poultry

Just recieved my order from Ideal yesteday! They are all Polish and a bit delicate so was a bit worried but all are fine, fit, healthy, and thriving! The only complaint I might have is that who ever packs for them does not count very well my order was 2 chicks short. I am sure it was not done on purpose sometimes things happen. Very Happy with Ideal I have ordered before and will order again. They have the best customer service and in this day and age that is worth everything!!!

Got my replacement order a week or so ago. Had a few DOA but I expected some loss since the weather had turned much colder than the prior shipment. The rest of the chicks are doing great. Very happy! Will order from them again.

March seems to be the golden month around here. I just ordered a batch of Black Australorpes a few days ago and that hatchery (not Ideal) told me I wouldn't receive them til March 11th. That is close enough I guess ;)

Last edited:
Really impressed with the boots on the d'Uccles. Very nice for hatchery stock :) The Barnvelders are VERY active and healthy and HUGE. The Cubalayas seem to have had a harder start, lots of poopy butts and not as active as the other chicks. But with a little diligence, all 25 are still doing fine :) Actually debating about another order the first week in March...lol. :)

You rock, Terri and Missy!

Order of Spitzhaubens coming this week! Oh boy, better get things going around here or I'll never get anything done!

celebrate.gif

They have arrived! Yesterday! All of them alive and well! They added eight males for warmth, cute little buggers and I put it on Craiglist for FREE male chicks and within 8 hours, I had a response from a wonderful guy who needed some roos for his girls this spring and summer.

If and when I can find my camera, I will take pictures of them.

They have arrived! Yesterday! All of them alive and well! They added eight males for warmth, cute little buggers and I put it on Craiglist for FREE male chicks and within 8 hours, I had a response from a wonderful guy who needed some roos for his girls this spring and summer.

If and when I can find my camera, I will take pictures of them.

clap.gif
congrats!

Lost one, dunno why. Probably the pile up they had when we had the half hour power outage. Anything can happen! Other than that, they are all doing just dandy!

Back
Top Bottom