Spring Poultry Orders - Ideal Poultry

thumbsup.gif
I got a good sized order the first part of Februaryand they are doing great. Got some Cornish Bantams, Wyandotte Bantams, Silkies, and some Malay and Black Shamo. Real impressed with the Cornish Bantams.

Didn't order from Ideal this year, but did for Spring 2011 and was surprised that 5 of the barred rocks turned out to be a "mystery" breed. The good folks at Ideal sent out replacements asap. This was an order of 40 chicks in total, and all but one survived. Good PR as far as I'm concerned, and my neighbor is also happy as the recipient of the five girls in question.

BTW, my avatar bird is not a hatchery bird.

Last edited:
I could use some help. I got my Wyandotte order from ideal in last thursday, 11 of the 50 were dead, and one was on its way out and died that morning. The rest seemed fine but now I am losing about one a day they will be fine and then all at once one will get lethargic and flop over dead a few hours later. The Welp hatchery group has had no problems. They are in a seperate brooder, getting same feed(medicated for coccidiosis), same water. I would just like some suggestions on what might be happening. I have never lost more than a chick or two in an order before. Ideal is sending replacements for the 12 but I don't want to complain about these new losses until I can figure out what the cause might be. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

ShaggyRay -

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3257 Option 2. We would be glad to help you with any questions you may have. Thanks!

I have a question to ask and my question is if you have the Golden Neck D'Uccle variety chicks that have already been hatched out recently which is the hatching date of April, 11 2012. Please let me know and thank you.

As a Texas Hill Country backyard chickener, I've had great experiences with chicks from your hatchery. Thank you for your quality birds.

I just recieved the replacements this morning. They all seemed in much better shape than the first shipment, and the slow die off seems to have stopped. With the "males for warmth" I still feel I have that for which I paid, and I thank you all for your outstanding customer service.

Wanted to order some Porcelain D'uccles but were all sold out, so I ordered 5 of each Mille Fleur, Buff Columbian, Golden Neck and Brown Red D'uccle bantam chicks. I'm so excited for them to arrive soon. :)

Received my daughter's order of D'uclle and Polish (I think) Was in a rush this morning as I had to get to the Post Office, take the chicks home, get them set up and hurry to work. Looks like a nice healthy batch of chicks. I do have a question. I believe she ordered 15, there was a total of 20 chicks in the box and 5-6 look like full size chicks, not Bantam. Are these packing peanuts? Are they all male? Just wanting to know so I can decide what to do with them.

Thanks
Terri

Back
Top Bottom