Spring Poultry Orders - Ideal Poultry

I ordered 50 chicks from Ideal this year, have not been thrilled at all. This is not the first time I've used them, and I went back and ordered again because I was so happy in the past. They seem to have changed their shipping, the birds have been VERY stressed when they got here and I lost about 1/2 of my first order within a week of arrival. I sent pics of the dead chicks and got a replacement shipment, very promptly but again, lost 1/2 of the birds either in shipment or within 3-4 days of arrival. I'm at about 30 birds of 50 I ordered. I didn't bother to recontact them, it's just too frustrating to keep losing that many birds. Plus, I got a lot of "mystery breed" looking birds. I ordered Americauna & Cochin and the cochin especially aren't very good looking birds.

I'd rather pay a little more for healthy birds and get them here quicker. The birds this year seem to leave on Tues night (e-mail says they left Tues) and they aren't getting here til Thurs morning. I just live in OK, so can't understand why it takes that long for them to go one state.

Sorry Ideal, but I probably won't be odering there again.

Just wanted to put my two cents worth in. I was on a waiting list with Ideal for a April shipment of Buff Chanteclers. I was notified that they could ship the 20 I wanted on Feb. 15th. I had never started chicks that early because it is still very cold here in Nothern New Hampshire. They included 5 extra males for warmth and they arrived here on Feb. 16th. All 20 of the Chanteclers are alive and well at this point. These birds are the best chickens I have ever owned. Thank you Ideal!

I was very happy with my goslings from ideal at first, very cute and healthy. However, I ordered roman tufted and my geese have fully feathered and are huge and have no tuft at all, I'm pretty sure I got emdens or something and not tufteds. They are 8 weeks old and already bigger than my turkey, romans are supposed to be small. I emailed them with photos and haven't heard anything back.

Follow up with a phone call. I e-mailed at first when my order started dying off and never got a reply. So followed up a couple days later with a phone call and was able to get replacement chicks. It's on me for not calling them back about how many of the replacements died, but I'm feeling like they should not have 1/2 of each order, whether original or replacement, die shortly after arrival. Bad business because I will try other hatcheries now and won't order from them again. It's disheartening to plan on 50 chicks and order them and even after replacements end up with about half what you paid for.

Will be getting some more Spitzhauben chicks today or tomorrow. I believe they will be just fine! This will be my second order thru Ideal this year.

I'm not thrilled with Ideal Poultry when I sent them an email about my order inquiry and that they have no such order under my name as I've ordered on 4/14/12 and my billing information was not going through since I only have a cell phone and we don't have a daytime phone. So why are they saying that there is no such order? I'm really not thrilled with this!

I was very happy with my goslings from ideal at first, very cute and healthy. However, I ordered roman tufted and my geese have fully feathered and are huge and have no tuft at all, I'm pretty sure I got emdens or something and not tufteds. They are 8 weeks old and already bigger than my turkey, romans are supposed to be small. I emailed them with photos and haven't heard anything back.

I had the same problem with my Tufted Roman, very large and no tuft. I emaitgled them a pic and they said it was a Tufted Roman but to send a follow up pic as it feathers out to be sure. I still do not think it is a Tufted Roman and will most likely be looking for a home for it, really was looking for a smaller goose. This one is huge, twice the size of my Pomeranian, who is suppose to be the larger of the two breeds. Now my Pomeranian is gorgeous and nice size and very sweet

I had the same problem with my Tufted Roman, very large and no tuft. I emaitgled them a pic and they said it was a Tufted Roman but to send a follow up pic as it feathers out to be sure. I still do not think it is a Tufted Roman and will most likely be looking for a home for it, really was looking for a smaller goose. This one is huge, twice the size of my Pomeranian, who is suppose to be the larger of the two breeds. Now my Pomeranian is gorgeous and nice size and very sweet

They did answer an earlier email, and said the same thing as they said to you. I wasn't expecting show quality or even close to it, but I was expecting them to resemble romans more than embdens.

Back
Top Bottom