"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OMG copper head!!! much less getting a fat copper head out!!! holy molasses!!
    Dont weasels eat heads off?
    Goodness I am lucky here!

Welcome!!!! glad your with us!!! awesome!! and local eggs too!! I see a great hatch coming up!!

I cant wait to see the fridge hatching!!! Praying the Brabs come in good shape!!

Thank you!!!

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good news on keeping the temps with power outage.

You've had your share of a variety of predators.

Welcome to the hatch a long!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Good Morning Awesome Mike!!! [​IMG]

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good Morning Sally! [​IMG]

Whatever I did, I'm going to go do it again!

1 person likes this.
  5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

1 person likes this.
  6. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX

I wrapped it with a towel. I was filling up ziplock bags with warm water to put at bottom of bator too. (Kinda like you can have them do with shipped day old chicks. I didn't need the bags because the power came on quickly and the dropped temp very little. They were short outages but I was PREPARED. (I live kinda rural and we've only lived here 2 months; we didn't know to expect for length of power outages). The eggs would not have even cooled off. My candling skills at this point were more risky!

7. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    Where did you get the Brabanters? And I saw in you signature you have Pavs. I am searching for those too.
    Best luck on your hatch. I can't wait to read about it and see pic!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    I am wanting to join. I am planning to hatch some local Silkies and some Bantam Silver Penciled Wyandottes. I also might throw in some of my OE's. Right now my bator is full of Texas A&M quail. and 5 OE's. I'm wondering 1 dozen Silkies or 2? I am wanting to put the Silkies under my BSPW roo. I am wanting his color pattern. Does anyone know what color Silkie would work?

10. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    I am so glad to see you post. Haven't seen your eggs on Ebay in a long time or seen you post on the Middle TN line. I was sorta worried. Hey maybe you know the answer to my post about what color Silkie should I pair with my Bantam Silver Penciled Wyandotte roo to produce chicks with his color pattern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by