"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

If you could choose from these chicks, which would you get??

Buff Brahma Bantams
Egyptian Fayoumis
Golden Cuckoo Marans
Barred Rock
Black Australorp
Buff Oprington
Rhode Island Red
Salmon Faverolles
Silver Laced Wyandotte

I would get the Buff Brahma Bantams, golden cuckoo marans, and the silver laced Wyandotte.

Buff Brahma Bantams
Egyptian Fayoumis
Golden Cuckoo Marans
Barred Rock
Black Australorp
Buff Oprington
Rhode Island Red
Salmon Faverolles
Silver Laced Wyandotte

For me it'd be between the Golden Cuckoos, Salmon Faverolles and the Silver Laced Wyandottes.

Great! I hope the hen goes broody for you.

Hi Cynthia! How many did you set?

I received 16, one was a weepy one, but when I opened it ... it was fertile. :) So 15. Took 4 days for them to get here. :( I'm in Utah, they came from West VA. I don't normally get anything from the east coast except from GA. For some reason, GA is ok. All of the other states so far have taken a while. I hadn't tried GA. Now I know. VA takes a while... should have known. Plus, her sending them on a Thursday didn't help. Oh well, I hope I get that blue splash, I should try and get a photo..darling! Not the kind of splash you would think of.

Buff Brahma Bantams
Egyptian Fayoumis
Golden Cuckoo Marans
Barred Rock
Black Australorp
Buff Oprington
Rhode Island Red
Salmon Faverolles
Silver Laced Wyandotte
I don't know what the "purpose" would be, ie egg laying, personality, looks..., but I would go with Barred Rock, Golden Cuckoo Marans, Buff Opringtons, Salmon Faverolle and/or Silver Laced Wyandotte. Ohhh, that would be a pretty flock to me!

Last edited:
One happy Broody!

Just gave her 4 Leghorn eggs
Hopefully all are fertile , not sure if brown or whites will pop out!
yippiechickie.gif

Aww. she is a happy mama. She's pretty too. My white silkie is broody again. I may let her stay this time. Fix something up safe for her, then let her take on a few of these Easter Hatch A Long babies.

Buff Brahma Bantams
Egyptian Fayoumis
Golden Cuckoo Marans
Barred Rock
Black Australorp
Buff Oprington
Rhode Island Red
Salmon Faverolles
Silver Laced Wyandotte

I'm for egg laying machines, and a couple of pretty girls out there. So, the Aussie for the eggs..and the RIR...then Favorelles. Had a really pretty bantam Favorelle once. She was a doll, and so sweet.

Aww. she is a happy mama.  She's pretty too.  My white silkie is broody again.  I may let her stay this time.  Fix something up safe for her, then let her take on a few of these Easter Hatch A Long babies. 

Sweetness!
I wouldn't mind a silkie bator!

Thisuns too hard to break so I just smile and give her eggs!

Back
Top Bottom