"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Well, there is NO way that I can keep up with all the posts but I'll try! I couldn't take it any longer and bought an incubator and ordered some Icelandic eggs. Not too many for my first time hatching chicken eggs, just 8. I did hatch a bunch of ducklings some years ago for the pond. I'll have to read up again and learn the differences.

Now I have to go tell my wife what I did. If I don't give any updates, tell the authorities to check the pond for my body!
tongue.png
Welcome! Don't worry about keeping up, just jump in when you can. I'm thinking I'll set 7 Icelandic eggs. I hope you don't end up in that pond!
lau.gif

Well, there is NO way that I can keep up with all the posts but I'll try! I couldn't take it any longer and bought an incubator and ordered some Icelandic eggs. Not too many for my first time hatching chicken eggs, just 8. I did hatch a bunch of ducklings some years ago for the pond. I'll have to read up again and learn the differences.

Now I have to go tell my wife what I did. If I don't give any updates, tell the authorities to check the pond for my body!
tongue.png
Oh, and if you haven't be sure to check the first and second posts for the contests we're having!
woot.gif

Ok, dont laugh.... I have never had chicks this young before... :oops:

Is it normal for them to not be able to stand and flip on their back when they try at 3 hours old?

Ok, dont laugh.... I have never had chicks this young before...
hide.gif

Is it normal for them to not be able to stand and flip on their back when they try at 3 hours old?

I would think so- They just worked REALLY hard to get out of their shells, probably need time to rest

Back
Top Bottom