"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

To think I was excited about the prospect of a high at 50... :( I want 70

It was in the 40's here yesterday so it's quite a jump to get to the 70's. I'm a little skeptical about seeing 70 degrees but we'll see! Looking forward to nice weather for the kids to have their egg hunt this afternoon.

thumbsup.gif

It just looks so lonely.

Last Fall when I hatched for the first time I had one like that. He hatched in the incubator & when I tried to put him with the broody hens they rejected him cause he looked different. :-( He got to be inside in the brooder though & he was our special pet for a while.

@mlm Mike

Looks like I have 15 out of 38 set. 39% not as good as I'd hope but I've had much worse.

5 of these

And 10 of these varying from light to dark

Here's their new home for now

Sorry Mike wrong spot for posting

Last edited:
Oh wow. I hope you have a good hatch with those!
fl.gif

He just brought over more! Different breeds of Orpingtons! Jubilee..Red cc and Red cl..what ever those are. Will have to go to google. Another Marans, and more blues. He's paid good money for these, I hope I have a good hatch for him too! Man..I'll be more nervous over these for sure.

lau.gif

Hi Cynthia how's things north of here?

That's quite a bunch of eggs your friend brought over

He just brought more over! Check out my last post. I figured out what the cc and cl meant...cuckoo and crele..who knew that Orpintons came in those colors?
big_smile.png

Last Fall when I hatched for the first time I had one like that. He hatched in the incubator & when I tried to put him with the broody hens they rejected him cause he looked different. :-( He got to be inside in the brooder though & he was our special pet for a while.
I have a really small stuffed chicken that I put with any loner chicks. They take up with it very well. You might concider finding something like that to keep it company. I just toss mine in the washer when the chick leaves the brooder

Hi everyone! I'm jumping in here after finishing my Easter hatch from the EHAL thread! How's everybody doing?!?!

I have eggs set to hatch every Sunday in April!! 4/3, 4/10, 4/17 etc.

My 1st hatch of the season (in a new incubator at that) went okay - 50% hatched. I would like to get around 80%! I'm making little tweaks to my settings to see how I can improve.

some of the babies from today!

and their home:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm jumping in here after finishing my Easter hatch from the EHAL thread! How's everybody doing?!?! I have eggs set to hatch every Sunday in April!! 4/3, 4/10, 4/17 etc. My 1st hatch of the season (in a new incubator at that) went okay - 50% hatched. I would like to get around 80%! I'm making little tweaks to my settings to see how I can improve. some of the babies from today! and their home:
Looks great!! What are the babies?

Back
Top Bottom