"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Morning Sally & fellow hatchers...Sally, thank you for the extensive hatching 101 information. I had to study that like it was a final a couple years ago. It was fantastic!

I will be joining you with some of my own...not sure what yet. I do need to set a dozen today...but, that leaves me hatching in March
sad.png
Good morning and welcome!

Hatching in March is ok.

Yea! I am already incubating eggs, but i will be going for a few hatches!!

Is there a link for the poultry drawing? I painted a panel for my dads canning cupboard. I have 5 more to do!

Last edited:
Morning Sally & fellow hatchers...Sally, thank you for the extensive hatching 101 information. I had to study that like it was a final a couple years ago. It was fantastic!

I will be joining you with some of my own...not sure what yet. I do need to set a dozen today...but, that leaves me hatching in March
sad.png
Christina you are very welcome! I am not sure either but there is always something in some of these bators! I am glad your with us!!
hugs.gif

Quote: Hi campingshaws! I hope you have a great day. How are the goats doing?

Thanks! Same to you!

They're good! I watched them all eat, drink water, and poop pellets yesterday.
celebrate.gif

The layers are good, guineas are bad, honas are good, juvies are good, chicks are good, and other chicks are good. I wouldn't mind making some sales, but we're not desperate yet.
good news!!

I am in. Most likely a late setting in April.
Sweet!!!! Welcome Tara!!!
frow.gif

Yea! I am already incubating eggs, but i will be going for a few hatches!!

Is there a link for the poultry drawing? I painted a panel for my dads canning cupboard. I have 5 more to do!
Sweet Molly!! We havent set it up yet! Mike or I will post it on the thread when we do! Welcome!!!
hugs.gif

Very nice!!!!! Cant wait to see everyones art!

I have well over a dozen scovy eggs to set today!! I guess I better do some reading soon!!

Good Morning to Everyone :frow

:frow

Hi campingshaws! I hope you have a great day. How are the goats doing?

Thanks! Same to you!

They're good! I watched them all eat, drink water, and poop pellets yesterday. :celebrate .

The layers are good, guineas are bad, honas are good, juvies are good, chicks are good, and other chicks are good. I wouldn't mind making some sales, but we're not desperate yet.

Great! What's wrong with the guineas, or they are bad just because they are guineas? I'm glad the rest are all good.

They're just bad guineas. I'm pretty sure they're herding the chickens into the old yard and keeping them there, because I've been coop training for about three weeks now. Of course I can't catch them. :/

Quote: Hi campingshaws! I hope you have a great day. How are the goats doing?

Thanks! Same to you!

They're good! I watched them all eat, drink water, and poop pellets yesterday.
celebrate.gif

The layers are good, guineas are bad, honas are good, juvies are good, chicks are good, and other chicks are good. I wouldn't mind making some sales, but we're not desperate yet. Great! What's wrong with the guineas, or they are bad just because they are guineas? I'm glad the rest are all good.
They're just bad guineas. I'm pretty sure they're herding the chickens into the old yard and keeping them there, because I've been coop training for about three weeks now. Of course I can't catch them.
hmm.png

I was going to get some guin eggs at some point. I dont know anything about them, do they roost in coops at night?

[quote name="Sally Sunshine" url="/t/1085297/springing-in-the-chicks-2016-april-hatch-a-long-hosted-by-mike-sally/180#post_16659965"]

Good Morning to Everyone :frow

:frow

Hi campingshaws! I hope you have a great day. How are the goats doing?

Thanks! Same to you!

They're good! I watched them all eat, drink water, and poop pellets yesterday. :celebrate .

Great! What's wrong with the guineas, or they are bad just because they are guineas? I'm glad the rest are all good.

They're just bad guineas. I'm pretty sure they're herding the chickens into the old yard and keeping them there, because I've been coop training for about three weeks now. Of course I can't catch them. :/

I was going to get some guin eggs at some point.  I dont know anything about them, do they roost in coops at night? 
[/quote]

Mine would when they were younger, but only on rainy nights. Now they roost on a collapsed gazebo frame right outside my kitchen window, rain or shine.

Granny kept hers in their own house. I let mine get too wild. But I love them and wouldn't get rid if them for anything. They crack me up, and they keep my boy entertained. They just trot in patient circles while he hollers "GET THOSE GUINEAS!" And runs full tilt. I'd love about 40 more. :lau

Back
Top Bottom