"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

[​IMG] My sweet Chaos.[​IMG]

2. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    [​IMG] Just tryin' to be helpful

3. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    Well, I just happened to be walking by my incubator this afternoon and happened to notice that 4 have eggs pipped... and all those pips are on or around the last air cell line I made. I can also hear chirping coming from the incubator. If I happen to walk by again I might just take another look.
    Translation: Maybe we should just cancel ALL our plans for the next two days, set up the Go Pro and camp out with the incubator. But that would be completely irrational... right?!

My Ancona duck eggs arrived in the mail today. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I will be following this https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...arn-chat-meet-new-friends/53840#post_16540512 "Shipped Eggs = Change of Plans" TO THE LETTER. I am so excited about these eggs. I have 20 that are settling for 24 hours as they were laid Monday and Tuesday. For just arriving I think the air cells looked better than the "Farmers Market" eggs I am currently hatching but there are a few that are saddled an a couple detached. They also arrived a day early but I am just still following the "Guide" and keep moving forward.
    Come on chicks! Hatch and clear the incubator![​IMG]
    [​IMG] Hello ducklings. You just settle down, get situated and get ready to grow. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio

:yiipchick Go chickies, go!!

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I've never been this scared and reluctant to set eggs. This isn't my first (second or third) hatch. It's not even my first (second or third) hatch this year. They're just staring at me.

Current fear: baby sitter will adjust the thermostat in the house (she wears sweatshirts in summertime) and fry the eggs.

6. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Ohhhh geeezzz camping... Can I have your list of eggs to add to the membership article please.

7. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Holy night! How on earth did I miss 123 posts in less than 1 day?!

8. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    WooHoo!!![​IMG]

9. DwayneNLiz

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    You worry too much, it's better to set them and hope than let the eggs go to waste. Just sayin

10. DwayneNLiz

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    @lindalouly which link are you going to end up using for the members of this HAL?? I would like to see what everyone is setting

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by