"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Hi All
frow.gif
My internet is so slow and I dont know why!!!

Kiddo feeding the cleft beak duck, we have 6 out so far a few more eggs to go.
GEESE are drawn down ! And two bators of eggs are locked down too!
All chicks are gone so plenty of room for the next batch!

cleft beak Duck

Harmony seems to enjoy feeding it.

This one got its beak stuck in my wire bator separators!!
6 out but the wire sucks for DUCKS BEAKS!

Poor thing.

Gonna set eggs as soon as I come back from vacation!
woot.gif

Anyone with any experience hatching Bielefelders? My husband bought some eggs and was told by the breeder that Bielefelder eggs hatch after 24 days.
The ones I did a month ago hatched late day 22. The only issue I had was some of the chicks were so big they would get stuck zipping. So humidity control is really important. I just set some more Bieles yesterday.

Day 7 candle update. 1 Sally's projects, 3 saphires, and 4 Cream legbar had blood rings. That leaves 4 projects, 4 sapphire, 3 cream legbar and 7 Lavender Orpington.
blood rings!!!

Hi joining the April 2016 hatching a long. Went into lockdown last night. No movement seen yet.
fl.gif

Swap find today!
Feels like I struck gold.
263a.png
clap.gif

1 bantam egg pipped and we hear chirping!
big_smile.png
It has begun!
wee.gif

I've got some chicken eggs in my incubator. Started with 40, but two were clears on countdown day 14. Today, Saturday 4/2/16, is countdown day 12. So, another 9-10 days to go to lockdown.

I'm not sure what breed I'm going to have. I have two RIR roos and 12 RIR hens. But add to that mix 17 black stars (black sex links). So the black stars are 1/2 RIR, right? It will be interesting to see what kind of barnyard mix I end up with.

This is my first attempt at incubating. I'm using a Farm Innovations 4250 foam incubator (has turner and forced air fan).

And I don't know what else to say.
clap.gif
you have any questions ??? you calibrated thermo hygros and know that humidity is not a set number?

And then there were 14...
24 hours after #13 this chick hatched. It worked hard to get out unassisted as it was malpositioned and pipped in the middle of the eggs. And, it doesnt appear to have been completely ready to hatch. TLC will start on this little one when it gets out of the incubator. We have named him "Tardy For The Party".
AWESOME!!!

Got outdoor pictures of my ducks that hatched on Easter. This one is my favorite
love.gif

so pretty!!!

Just set some Salmon Faverolles and Blue Partridge Brahma eggs today! Lockdown April 22nd.
ya.gif

Quote:
wee.gif

First baby of the day.

so pretty too!!!

2 more popped out! Very alert little chicks! I can already see the combs! These two zipped so fast that I missed them! All three are peeping up a storm right now! I have two more that have pipped, and one of them is just starting to unzip. The other 6 aren't showing anything yet, but hopefully they will soon.
yippiechickie.gif
So excited! Doing the happy Chickie dance!
CUTE!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!

Quote:
got pics of them?

CONTESTS ARE STILL OPEN FROM MARCH EHAL:

Contest #5: Cutest Baby Fowl Ends April 3rd
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-fowl-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #8: Natural Egg Photo Contest Ends April 5th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #11: Peeps Art Contest Ends April 7th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #12: Wet Poultry Ends April 8th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_100#post_16611421

AND THESE ARE OPEN FOR APRIL HAL!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

Back
Top Bottom