"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

OMG.

My emu eggs are doing something. I think I have an internal pip, maybe two. I opened the bator and one egg had rolled to the wall, when I picked it up it felt different. The whole egg feels different, more hallow, lighter, less dense, it is so interesting. Two of the eggs feel like that that and I can hear tapping in one!!

The biggest egg 700g and the smallest eggs 593g are still the same but still both have movement.

I am surprised things are happening, I still thought I had another week!

How exciting!! :ya :clap

Set my silkie eggs today.
woot.gif

It's dependent upon size of tree, location of tree, is it close to buildings. Lots of things can influence it but that does seem a bit steep.

Who doesn't need to do some serious fishing? :lau

I agree that it is dependent on many things. I know that it isn't the easiest tree to down- if it were then my husband would have done it last month. I think sometimes people look at our house and think we will pay more for a job they normally would charge less for. Our house is new but we saved a lot of money by building it ourselves over several years. We're still not done but it looks new and fancy from the outside. Now that you and Ur have responded, maybe it wasn't as far off as I thought. We're used to doing things ourselves so we forget how much it costs to hire someone.

How high is too high for humidity during lockdown? My small Brinsea is showing 81. Yikes! This is for my students so I need it to be a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom