"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

OH NO! It looks like that offer has expired. When I follow the link it takes me to the fully tricked out 'bator for $250.

Pm link is in first post. Looks like still available a week ago.

Might have ended.

There were no user reviews on their website. Are there some reviews you've seen elsewhere?

There are a couple of hatching threads on byc. For the 5000 and 6000. A lot of good info.

Might have ended.
There are a couple of hatching threads on byc. For the 5000 and 6000. A lot of good info.
I read them within the first 3 months that the 6000 was out. I think they were at Amazon but I am not 100% sure of that. Too much time has passed. My usual MO is to wait a year after a new electronic item is out before buying to let them shake the bugs out.

The hens seem fine because the other rooster was fertilizing them, but no I didn't, and maybe I should. Should I be trimming the rooster? Do Ameraucanas need trimming?
Younger or inexperienced roosters can take a while to figure out how to 'hit the mark'. It's quite the balancing act to accomplish a successful mating. And, like I said, it can take a while for the hens to warm up to him. And it can take time for him to gain the confidence to mount the more dominant hens. My current cockerel has been the only male in the flock for the last 3 months, and a few of the hens are still rejecting his 'goods'.

Might have ended.

OK, I following the "buy it here" link instead of sending PM. Have now sent a PM and will report back if Chris says "old news."

Found the threads, so thanks!

So I have Orust chicks. I have true blue Ameraucana chicks as well as blue and lavender orpingtons coming in July. Every time I think I have all I want something else perks my interest. Now I'm looking at these beautiful jubilee orpingtons online. I'm thinking I need them in my life. NO I can't no more chickens.lol

Younger or inexperienced roosters can take a while to figure out how to 'hit the mark'. It's quite the balancing act to accomplish a successful mating. And, like I said, it can take a while for the hens to warm up to him. And it can take time for him to gain the confidence to mount the more dominant hens. My current cockerel has been the only male in the flock for the last 3 months, and a few of the hens are still rejecting his 'goods'.

At the risk of sounding like a "voyeur," I've watched my two roos. Some of the hens will lift their tails for one of them but not the other and some other hens have the other preference. I just set 40 eggs and only had two clears, so my guys seem to be keeping the girls happy.

So I have Orust chicks. I have true blue Ameraucana chicks as well as blue and lavender orpingtons coming in July. Every time I think I have all I want something else perks my interest. Now I'm looking at these beautiful jubilee orpingtons online. I'm thinking I need them in my life. NO I can't no more chickens.lol

Slow breaths. In and out. The dizziness will pass.
hugs.gif

At the risk of sounding like a "voyeur," I've watched my two roos. Some of the hens will lift their tails for one of them but not the other and some other hens have the other preference. I just set 40 eggs and only had two clears, so my guys seem to be keeping the girls happy.
Yep. People like to blame the rooster/cockerel when eggs aren't getting fertilized, never realizing it might the hens that aren't cooperating. And a hen can actually choose to retain sperm or eject it after a breeding.

Back
Top Bottom