"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

That's a relief! I think of power outages like it is a mother hen taking a little break.... As long as it doesn't last too long, then all is well. Many of my eggs have been through power outages and did just fine. Sometimes I put ziplock bags of hot water in the bator and that helps keep the temp up till the power is back.

That sounds like a great idea.thankfully it didn't last long.

Glad to see you finally got some more Brahma!
celebrate.gif

Thank you Joey!!
I want some!! Have more eggs in the bator now
fl.gif
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Wow, look at them feather legs! Congratulations on your Brahma hatch!
THANK YOU!!!!
love.gif
arent they cute too!

So after having infertile SLP eggs I trimmed up the feathers around the vents of the hens and the rooster and now I 100% fertility! !!
yippiechickie.gif
Day 7 candle revealed that the BLRW eggs were all infertile.
sad.png
however the remaining 18 eggs are growing well!!!! I just set 15 silkie eggs and 2 more SLP eggs. I can't wait to see how those pan out!!!
Great news! glad that worked!! do they look silly now?
@rossfam06

I'm joining the hatch-a-long. But not chicks, I'm doing keets! Have 7 guinea eggs in the incubator. Candled at day 7 and all fertile and cooking along nicely. Scheduled hatch day is April 24.

WELCOME!!!! awesome!!! keets!! how exciting!!

Set my silkie eggs today.
Good Luck!! what colors?

Quote:
We have puppies Due May 19th!!!!!!!

Quote: Good question! Things I better start looking into.
bun.gif
yesss.gif

Quote: And there is my answer!! sweet!

Quote: Thank you!!

Well 39 chicks hatched. Two died sadly. And the rest sold today. I didn't put pics because I set them before April. So it didn't count for the April hatch along. But cleaned the bator and going to set another full egg turner full. Just have to wait for temps and humidity to get right .
clap.gif
SET ALL EGGS!!!

I managed to squeeze 3 dozen Easter Egger eggs into my Incuview.

Love being able to see in the top like that !!

Tonight I set 18 Icelandics and 48 FCBM's in two Janoel incubators. And because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I set 8 duck eggs under a broody chicken!
big_smile.png
lau.gif

LL

Oh wow, some lucky people getting some pretty babies.
YEPPERS <3

Sent in the NPIP paperwork today! And I get my bator back tomorrow, so I will be setting 25 and counting serama eggs!

AWESOME!!!!!

Quote: Conversation! did you tape this for when I set my emu? I will need to know what was said!

Hello all
Candled my remaining 26 eggs this morning day 14 1/2. For the most part they all looked good the air cells were right on target. I do have a slight question on four of them, but will let them remain until day 18 and reevaluate. I was very worried last night with extremely high winds here on the Maine coast. There was spotty power outages all over the county with tree limbs coming down, but my power never even flickered,so I lucked out this time. Lock down will be just a few days away now, will keep you posted.
Happy Hatching
fl.gif

So out of 11 total in lockdown... 5 golden necked D'Uccles out so far, 1 Lav cuckoo D'Anvers. The other was DIS when i added some water and took some shells out... Did an external pip, but never broke internal membrane
hit.gif
So only one of my "special" babies survived
hit.gif

On a side note, Monday the dozen silkies and Mille Fleur D'Uccles go into lockdown... Not going to tell my husband about the 30 eggs I just received from the Post Office on Thurs...
oh no!!!! are we setting more specials????

When should lockdown begin for Seramas?
Day 15 going on 16 here
I do day 17 unless I need more weight loss then 18

Tonight I set 18 Icelandics and 48 FCBM's in two Janoel incubators. And because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I set 8 duck eggs under a broody chicken!
big_smile.png
woot.gif

Quote: Good, i"m glad it wasn't out too long.

Sent in the NPIP paperwork today! And I get my bator back tomorrow, so I will be setting 25 and counting serama eggs!
yesss.gif

Hello all
Candled my remaining 26 eggs this morning day 14 1/2. For the most part they all looked good the air cells were right on target. I do have a slight question on four of them, but will let them remain until day 18 and reevaluate. I was very worried last night with extremely high winds here on the Maine coast. There was spotty power outages all over the county with tree limbs coming down, but my power never even flickered,so I lucked out this time. Lock down will be just a few days away now, will keep you posted.
Happy Hatching
clap.gif

Ok dropped another full egg turner full of eggs last night. And still have my other incubator from eggs set on the 27th. April sees a lot of chicks in her future lol.
woot.gif

4 hatched and moved to brooder. Then I heard an egg in the bator chirping. I guess I might get another one today. I have to fix the heat source for the brooder. The lamp clicked off for no reason then turned back on. I put some hothands warmers in there while I figure it out.
Congrats. I hope you get the heat source fixed quickly.

Nice!

Not me! I would NEVER enable! :lau

Of course! It makes complete sense, totally logical :cool: . Sorry about your hen though :(

EEEEEEEEEeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DINO-EMUS!!! :weee You have a baby dinosaur!!! That is the most awesome thing EVER!

:th You mean you haven't had any eggs in your incubator this whole time?! Since EASTER?! :eek: How did you survive? 

OK, I am way over-excited, but I had another call duck hatch (an egg I set a few days late cause it had a bad air cell) and it is so teensy and adorable. I hadn't even noticed how fast the others were growing until I saw them next to a tiny newly hatched one. The new one is less than half their size :love

I had eggs under a broody instead! :p :lau

We have puppies Due May 19th!!!!!!!

:bun :yesss:

And there is my answer!!  sweet!

Thank you!!

:clap    SET ALL EGGS!!!

Love being able to see in the top like that !!

:lau

YEPPERS  <3

AWESOME!!!!! 

Conversation!  did you tape this for when I set my emu?  I will need to know what was said!

:fl

oh no!!!!  are we setting more specials???? 

I do day 17 unless I need more weight loss then 18

You are setting emu????

Back
Top Bottom