"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Well I guess I'm going to do some reading then. I was just eating the eggs as I did not think they would be anything. Thanks

I picked a girl with a small comb and excellent layer of large roundish eggs. I was going to pick more but they get angry when separated from the free range flock. This one seems pretty content. She's been in there 2 weeks now so this coming week I'm going to start collecting her eggs to set on the 28th. Im hoping for crests and at least one "ghost barring" I think would be pretty cool.

I picked a girl with a small comb and excellent layer of large roundish eggs. I was going to pick more but they get angry when separated from the free range flock. This one seems pretty content. She's been in there 2 weeks now so this coming week I'm going to start collecting her eggs to set on the 28th. Im hoping for crests and at least one "ghost barring" I think would be pretty cool.

I'm finding limited information online but it looks like they lay well and are blue tinted. I can say the leghorn hens are laying well. No surprise there. So if they are blue my customers would be happy. If they are white somehow they aren't real eggs. Like I'd buy some from the store and sell the white ones to them. And if the hens have crest and some color that would be a plus.

I'm back from the swap. Legbar guy wasn't there, so no roo came home with me. But I did bring home 2 black Silkie chicks.
hide.gif

Hey guys. I have ordered the parts I need for a new bator build.. They should be arriving around the 22nd. Fingers crossed. Can't wait to build and set my eggs for April to test everything out!! A new journey begins!!!!
woot.gif

I'm back from the swap. Legbar guy wasn't there, so no roo came home with me. But I did bring home 2 black Silkie chicks.
hide.gif
they dont exist until we see pics!!

Back
Top Bottom