"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

It is from Germany so it would be pronounced: Beel-fell-der Not sure which sylable gets the most stress though. Putting it on the Beel feels right to me. Once I was fluent in German but I am terribly rusty now.

The breeder my husband for his Bielefelder eggs from pronounced them as "Bellyfelders"

10 days left for the chicken eggs.I'm so excited to see what pops out the fun and funky.and also I have tow Silkie eggs one Is white and one is brown

My last little classroom chick hatched tonight. It is a little white silkie. So 8 out of 9 chicks hatched. The best part is that when I went up to school tonight to check on it, the teacher next door was there and I was telling her how I wished I could keep them at school for another week, but that I knew they were probably loud while her class was learning. (We have no back walls in our classrooms) Well, she said, no they aren't loud and that she wouldn't mind at all if I kept them there another week! Yippee!!!! The kids will be absolutely thrilled!

Well, I had my first external pip on day 18, and thanks to the fine folks on this thread, put the eggs into lockdown just in time.
jumpy.gif
Thank you for that.

So, I had 6 babies successfully hatch and a bunch more pipped today.
clap.gif
I'm expecting a bator full when I get up tomorrow morning.
love.gif

Good Night Everyone!!!!

Love them! What kind is your big rooster? He looks just like my chicken that won for "any other rooster." He is big and beautiful!

Thank you, he's an Icelandic Ameraucana cross... so an Easter Egger. Many of his hens are actually heavier than him. He's a great flock leader and is covered with shimmery yellow feathers that light up in the sun. I'm growing up pullets from him now and really loving the feather patterns, many of the feathers are spotted- I've never seen anything like it!

Ok guys so 30 chicks out. Well actually 32 left two in the bator cause they were wet. Still have eggs pipped and moving ready to hatch. Just had to get these guys out cause it was crowded. Out of a full egg turner witch I think is 41 or 42 eggs 32 so far and more coming!! I'm happy with that hatch rate!!! :D

My last little classroom chick hatched tonight. It is a little white silkie. So 8 out of 9 chicks hatched. The best part is that when I went up to school tonight to check on it, the teacher next door was there and I was telling her how I wished I could keep them at school for another week, but that I knew they were probably loud while her class was learning. (We have no back walls in our classrooms) Well, she said, no they aren't loud and that she wouldn't mind at all if I kept them there another week! Yippee!!!! The kids will be absolutely thrilled!

I think it is wonderful that you are teaching the kids about chickens i.e. Livestock. So much is missing from our kids life.

Back
Top Bottom