"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

My hatch is over. 54 put of 70 eggs. Just a tad bit over 77% hatch rate/ fertile eggs. Over all was almost 73%. Only four eggs set weren't fertile.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I pull them out.

@Chaos18 I set two FBPP @ 7:20, I expect them to hatch around 7:35. The temperature is at 400° I'm not checking humidity.
How did your hatch go?

@Chaos18

update

LG hatch complete. 6 unhatched eggs. 5 were wet sticky, I may have had humidity running a little high for a few days. The other one had quit at around 14 days.

Broody hen on day 16

Turkey eggs on day 7, will candle on day 10 
Thanks for the update.

My hatch is over. 54 put of 70 eggs. Just a tad bit over 77% hatch rate/ fertile eggs. Over all was almost 73%. Only four eggs set weren't fertile.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when I pull them out.
Not to shabby a hatch rate. Can't wait for pics.

How did your hatch go?
Thanks for the update.
Not to shabby a hatch rate. Can't wait for pics.

They hatched early. A little dry. I will be sure to add more humidity next time. It was a perfect hatch otherwise. I forgot to take pictures, I'm sorry. I waited five minutes before eating them. I wanted to wait 10, until they were really ready, but they just looked so tempting!

They hatched early. A little dry. I will be sure to add more humidity next time. It was a perfect hatch otherwise. I forgot to take pictures, I'm sorry. I waited five minutes before eating them. I wanted to wait 10, until they were really ready, but they just looked so tempting!
Congrats on the perfect hatch rate :woot

Last edited:
Batch #1 is complete. Had 9 out of 14 hatch. 3/4 were shipped. Super happy with the end results!!!

And then there are these 2. Both have the same momma and daddy. One is Sliver Laced and the other looks Gold Laced!!!?? Hahahahaha!!

I candles today (day 14). All of the ones in the incubator are going strong and all but one under the broody are developing. So I have 21 eggs going strong!

I candles today (day 14). All of the ones in the incubator are going strong and all but one under the broody are developing. So I have 21 eggs going strong!

Nice!!!!

Batch #2 is on day 15 today. I candled and still have 14 Silkie eggs and my 2 SLP eggs going strong. Looking like I am going to lockdown. 16 eggs on monday night!! :D

Back
Top Bottom