"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Ok, I made it back from town. Bought a little giant, have it running already and the 24 eggs are waiting to go in tomorrow. I have no idea what these eggs are, I think just a barnyard mix.
I had my heart set on 2 black silkie chicks... all they had left were assorted bantams. I said ok give me two with feathers on their feet. She said "we are trying to get rid of these before shipment comes tomorrow, how many do you want and we will charge you for two" SO I ended up with 6 and it cost $3 and some change. Not bad, BUT she didn't know if these were silkies, and I don't know either....maybe you can tell me. I'm not familiar with these chickens.

clap.gif
How many toes? My guess is bantam cochin though

So Cute!

Quote: I set a tray of eggs in the cabinet cooler, and got the others in lockdown but I combined eggs in two coolers so now I have a cooler free so I need to candle serama eggs at dark and try to get them in tomorrow so they hatch with these in the cabinet.
I'm assuming I'm supposed to remind you of this tonight, I'll make a note of it.
thumbsup.gif

bun.gif

Ok, I made it back from town. Bought a little giant, have it running already and the 24 eggs are waiting to go in tomorrow. I have no idea what these eggs are, I think just a barnyard mix.
I had my heart set on 2 black silkie chicks... all they had left were assorted bantams. I said ok give me two with feathers on their feet. She said "we are trying to get rid of these before shipment comes tomorrow, how many do you want and we will charge you for two" SO I ended up with 6 and it cost $3 and some change. Not bad, BUT she didn't know if these were silkies, and I don't know either....maybe you can tell me. I'm not familiar with these chickens.

hmmmmm not sure! cochin?

I would like to join in if it's not to late. I set 30 Australorp eggs on March 24th. These eggs are shipped eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I ordered 24, when I opened the box there was 35 , Surprise ! Last year I set 21 eggs from them and had 15 hatch out. This is only my second time at incubating so maybe last year was beginners luck. My incubator is a homemade one I put together last winter for a project.

I would like to join in if it's not to late. I set 30 Australorp eggs on March 24th. These eggs are shipped eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I ordered 24, when I opened the box there was 35 , Surprise ! Last year I set 21 eggs from them and had 15 hatch out. This is only my second time at incubating so maybe last year was beginners luck. My incubator is a homemade one I put together last winter for a project.

Welcome! Love the incubator! What breed(s) did you get?

The rabbit chewed his way through my bator's power cord and there are no spare parts available nearby.
barnie.gif
I have eggs due to arrive tomorrow!

I wish i was this creative

welcome!! how pretty!!! is that a light in the middle? or what is it? and how do you have your fans? love the bator!

Back
Top Bottom