"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

we candled over the weekend.. trimming the orps bottoms seemed to help! and changing the roo... maybe, but we set almost 24 eggs and 20 are viable! not the wyandottes on the other hand.. my alpha hen will not let the roo near her.. i set all the eggs though and it appears that hers arent fertile... brat.. i was hoping he might have gotten to her and I didnt notice... not like I watch 24/7!

we are on kidding watch though.. today is 140 days for one of my does... she definately showing signs of labor coming... and since this is both of our first times.. I am a nervous wreck having to be at work !!!
I'm glad trimming the corps helped with fertility.

If you are looking at day 140, do you have Nigerian Dwarf goats?

My next set of staggered hatch eggs are due tomorrow. Who wants to bet on how many times I check for pips? The bator is in a spare room upstairs and I will probably check for the second time today after I type this.

I'm excited for the birds hatching here. BYC has been wonky or I'd just keep watching for updates here.

Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif

I would like to join. Just set 8 lav orphington,14 german bielefelders,14 barred rock and 12 silkies in the incubator on 4/7. Also have silkie momma on 5 due to hatch any day now and another silkie momma on 10 due to hatch in 2 weeks :)
WELCOME!!!! how exciting!! go broodie mommas!!! good luck with the bator too!!

Morning!!! Good luck to all anxiously awaiting pips, zips, and fluffy butts today!
Captains Log: Day 9
Should I candle? Should I wait? I mean I candled a few, but what about the others. I think I will candle later... maybe when I mist!
Yes candle check air cells!

we candled over the weekend.. trimming the orps bottoms seemed to help! and changing the roo... maybe, but we set almost 24 eggs and 20 are viable! not the wyandottes on the other hand.. my alpha hen will not let the roo near her.. i set all the eggs though and it appears that hers arent fertile... brat.. i was hoping he might have gotten to her and I didnt notice... not like I watch 24/7!

we are on kidding watch though.. today is 140 days for one of my does... she definately showing signs of labor coming... and since this is both of our first times.. I am a nervous wreck having to be at work !!!

GREAT NEWS!!! GOOD LUCK with the kidding!!! cant wait to see your new kids!!!! how exciting!! what kind?

My next set of staggered hatch eggs are due tomorrow. Who wants to bet on how many times I check for pips? The bator is in a spare room upstairs and I will probably check for the second time today after I type this.

I'm excited for the birds hatching here. BYC has been wonky or I'd just keep watching for updates here.
fl.gif
lol !!! I had chicks and didnt even notice pips!!!

WELCOME!!!!  how exciting!!  go broodie mommas!!! good luck with the bator too!!

GREAT NEWS!!!  GOOD LUCK with the kidding!!! cant wait to see your new kids!!!! how exciting!!  what kind?

:fl    lol !!!   I had chicks and didnt even notice pips!!!

I'm getting there, Sally. Because of how close I staggered them this time I'm in the hatching room daily anyway. Tomorrow is hatching and lockdown day. There are 5 chicks in a brooder in that room. The incubator is currently in the hallway outside that room. I really have to make things as efficient as your living room looks.

I'm glad trimming the corps helped with fertility.

If you are looking at day 140, do you have Nigerian Dwarf goats?

Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif

WELCOME!!!! how exciting!! go broodie mommas!!! good luck with the bator too!!

GREAT NEWS!!! GOOD LUCK with the kidding!!! cant wait to see your new kids!!!! how exciting!! what kind?

fl.gif
lol !!! I had chicks and didnt even notice pips!!!
We have pygmys, but the buck is a ND. I have a camera for the kidding pen, but because of the weather ( we got 4 inches of snow saturday!!) We havent run it to them. I think we are going to run it in conduit for now.. then bury it later!! i kept tell DH it was getting close.. i dont think he believed me!

Back
Top Bottom