"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Quote: Awesome! Congratulations!
woot.gif

Day 6 here. Last night, I went in and candled (I know it's a little early, but I am working on a timeline as I am hatching for a class of 2nd graders, and I had to know by today if I needed to discard eggs and start over to beat the end of school year). Anyway, out of my 7 eggs, 6 show lots of veining already! YAY! I put an X on the one showing no development and will check it again on Friday.

Going to candle all of the eggs with the kids on Friday, they are SO excited!

Day 6 here. Last night, I went in and candled (I know it's a little early, but I am working on a timeline as I am hatching for a class of 2nd graders, and I had to know by today if I needed to discard eggs and start over to beat the end of school year). Anyway, out of my 7 eggs, 6 show lots of veining already! YAY! I put an X on the one showing no development and will check it again on Friday.

Great! I hope the hatch goes well!

Hope all 7 end up good.
fl.gif

Quick update: 52 shipped Cream Brabanter eggs have resulted in 1 CB chick over the past 2 months. I candled the last two that were due yesterday. They look DIS but I'm waiting until tonight for eggtopsy. My own CB eggs have been infertile or blood rings. This has been an expensive lesson.
Three mixed breed due Friday. 20 mixed breed due 24th.

The window of my Farm Innovations foam incubator is getting a little condensation on it. Is it because some of the eggs are hatching or because I have too much water in the channels? I know it is hard for some of you to see the water channels since the incubator is so far from the screen, but is what I'm asking is how common it is to get condensation once the chickies start coming out to play.

The window of my Farm Innovations foam incubator is getting a little condensation on it. Is it because some of the eggs are hatching or because I have too much water in the channels? I know it is hard for some of you to see the water channels since the incubator is so far from the screen, but is what I'm asking is how common it is to get condensation once the chickies start coming out to play.
What's the RH in the bator? Grab a rag and wipe it off quick like. It will raise your humidity if you don't.

Quick update: 52 shipped Cream Brabanter eggs have resulted in 1 CB chick over the past 2 months. I candled the last two that were due yesterday. They look DIS but I'm waiting until tonight for eggtopsy. My own CB eggs have been infertile or blood rings. This has been an expensive lesson.
Three mixed breed due Friday. 20 mixed breed due 24th.

So sorry about that.
sad.png
So far my hatch rate is about 10%, but I've still got a couple of days to go. Set these on 3/23, so it's just now been 21 days.

When I got home from work this morning at 7:30 AM I had two chicks hatched out . Now about an hour and twenty minutes later there is a total of six out, and another one zipping. There's only 2 or 3 that haven't pipped out of the twenty six eggs. But its hard to tell now because the chicks are knocking the remaining eggs around. It's almost like pop corn. lol

Back
Top Bottom