"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Last picture of my chicken I took. My broody hen and my finger. LOL! The new part of chicken house with make shift broody boxes to make her feel at home.

Here's the outside. Needs steps/porch, roof, trim, paint, laying boxes, pulley to open pop door. etc. Old section will get paint and new trim as well.

Awesome!! Great looking chicken house

I don't understand why, but two eggs that were zipping yesterday evening died during the night. The power remained on all night, the temp and RH were correct when I walked in. They were just stillborn. Also one of the chicks that had already hatched had died in the night. I took the four "early risers" over to their brooder in case there was some problem there. This afternoon I have two more eggs that have pipped and are in the process of zipping, but they were zipping from "underneath." I turned them upward, but that's all the help I gave then put the incubator lid back on immediately. I have plenty of RH, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

th.gif

I don't understand why, but two eggs that were zipping yesterday evening died during the night. The power remained on all night, the temp and RH were correct when I walked in. They were just stillborn. Also one of the chicks that had already hatched had died in the night. I took the four "early risers" over to their brooder in case there was some problem there. This afternoon I have two more eggs that have pipped and are in the process of zipping, but they were zipping from "underneath." I turned them upward, but that's all the help I gave then put the incubator lid back on immediately. I have plenty of RH, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

th.gif
STUCK ZIPPING WHAT DO I DO? bottom of post #35770

th.gif
hugs.gif
Sorry!!!

Back
Top Bottom