"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

So far the storm wasn't that bad, and I just checked and heard peeping. But no pips yet
1f917.png
We are in NW MT

Got up at 3AM to get ready for work and I now have 4 Amaraucanas, a Welsummer and a Oliver Egger was almost done zipping. Lots of other pips so hope to get out of here and home by noon to see some more chicks! Those Amaraucanas are eager beavers. Out of 48 eggs 4 of the 5 that have hatched are from them (only 8 of that breed in the bator). I thought I had them in the corner the whole time so either that corner runs hot or they just wanted out!
jumpy.gif

On a side note, not sure my walls will keep the buggers contained! They are climbing ninjas! I keep seeing the tallest Ameraucana trying to climb eggs and chicks to get over and see the other action, lol.

Pardon the crummy photo. It was 3:30 AM and lighting was not the best. The 4 Ameraucana are in the back left, the Welsummer is in the middle right just to the side of the yellow fan...and the zipping olive egger is to the middle left, bottom left corner of the fan.

So far 10 chicks have hatched. One passed shortly after hatching. Chicks 11 and 12 have pipped, but haven't started zipping yet.

Chick 11 has me a bit concerned. There is a toe coming out of the pip hole! Can this chick get out on its own or am I going to have to assist?
Congratulations on the 10. Sorry for the one that passed. I'm going to say there is a pretty good chance that one will need some assistance. Let us know how that one turns out.

Tonight's the night the chicks are due! I see one trying to pip(I candled it) and the first summer lightning storm is just reaching us, ahh I may not sleep for fear of losing power
1f615.png
Good Luck!

Over 100 eggs locked down, due to hatch tomorrow!
ep.gif
Good luck!

Two hatched,third zipped,fourth never piped inner membrane.
Two that hatched are fighting with all they got. Force fed,forcing fluids. Dry&resting breathing is becoming normal.
Hope these two pull thru.
Will call incubater company soon as I can,don't want this issue to upset anyone else. Such an easy solution IF they want their product to do what it should.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
What was the incubator issue?
I just took a quick look at my 44 eggs. I didnt remove them from the Turner just put the light to the top of each one. Looks like a majority are forming veins!!! Looked like maybe 4 clears and 2 scrambled. But im not taking them out yet its only day 5 after all. Saw a lot of tiny embryos moving about but with shipped eggs i don't want to disturb them too much.even in the silkies I was worried about!
Congratulations!

Day 14. 17 look great. Just a few more days to lockdown.
Good Luck!

tongue.png

The first chick to hatch is loud and of course chose to debut at 1 am. DH has a rough schedule tomorrow so I'm hoping this one quiets down for the rest of the night. 5 more hours and they can make all the noise they want. Punks.
Send quiet thoughts, please.
woot.gif
Oops, I guess yelling WOOT isn't being quiet. My bad.

After a gnarly cold
sickbyc.gif
, and a hubby with a kidney stone
th.gif
, I'm back on track. Kinda. I put 21 eggs into lockdown last night!
celebrate.gif
I lodt another olive egger sometime before that.
barnie.gif
Hoping I don't lose anymore.
fl.gif
Good luck! Hope everyone there is feeling better.

eggs are cheeping yeah
lol.png
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
fl.gif
Congratulations!

Got up at 3AM to get ready for work and I now have 4 Amaraucanas, a Welsummer and a Oliver Egger was almost done zipping. Lots of other pips so hope to get out of here and home by noon to see some more chicks! Those Amaraucanas are eager beavers. Out of 48 eggs 4 of the 5 that have hatched are from them (only 8 of that breed in the bator). I thought I had them in the corner the whole time so either that corner runs hot or they just wanted out!
jumpy.gif

On a side note, not sure my walls will keep the buggers contained! They are climbing ninjas! I keep seeing the tallest Ameraucana trying to climb eggs and chicks to get over and see the other action, lol.

Pardon the crummy photo. It was 3:30 AM and lighting was not the best. The 4 Ameraucana are in the back left, the Welsummer is in the middle right just to the side of the yellow fan...and the zipping olive egger is to the middle left, bottom left corner of the fan.

Congratulations!

the eggs have got pips in hoping the rest will hatch tomorrow (today is day 20)

So my daughter calls and tells me there are 7 chicks hatched in the back section and 2 eggs still there...Had 8 Amaraucanas back there, 7 hatched 2 eggs = 9. I asked her to check the others and the darn Welsummer decided it didn't want to be alone so it hopped 2 barrier walls to join the Amaraucanas! Thankfully it is kinda redish so I can tell them apart. So much for my "walls". Looks like I will have to swoop in and do some misting while removing chicks to band before they get all mixed and I don't know who is who except for the pure breeds. (I am more worried about my Amaraucanas getting mixed in with my olive eggers than anything.)

Back
Top Bottom