"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

i'm on lockdown w a duck egg
have received 1 dozen Mille Fluer and am waiting on polish eggs this week...will i be ok to set on thursday?

i'm on lockdown w a duck egg
have received 1 dozen Mille Fluer and am waiting on polish eggs this week...will i be ok to set on thursday?
fl.gif

My phone doesn't produce great pics, but I use it more often than my "good" camera. I finally took pics with my "good" camera and I couldn't get the setting to be consistently unblurry. I'll have to work on the cameras a bit, but here are a couple pics:

The picture above is chicks from two different mamas. I don't remember which one hatched from which egg, but one has a Welsummer (dark brown egg) mama and one has a Crested Cream Legbar (pretty sky blue) mama. I think both have an EE/Ameraucana dad. These look like sisters, which is funny because their moms are named Anna and Elsa (I have a daughter that loves Frozen).

This is a chick that hatched 4/9. Hen is BCM. Rooster is Cream Brabanter. I'm guessing it will feather out like a crested BCM.

And my favorite photo of the day:
My rooster is from my first hatch here. He hatched from a "pure" Wheaten Ameraucana egg (purchased from what I now know was a not-so-reputable breeder- lesson learned). I named him BB after B.B. King. He enjoyed sleeping in my hand as a chick, and I am quite attached. I still make sure he knows I'm the boss, but he knows his job is to take care of his ladies. He posed so nicely for this picture.

Last edited:
My phone doesn't produce great pics, but I use it more often than my "good" camera. I finally took pics with my "good" camera and I couldn't get the setting to be consistently unblurry. I'll have to work on the cameras a bit, but here are a couple pics: The picture above is chicks from two different mamas. I don't remember which one hatched from which egg, but one has a Welsummer (dark brown egg) mama and one has a Crested Cream Legbar (pretty sky blue) mama. I think both have an EE/Ameraucana dad. These look like sisters, which is funny because their moms are named Anna and Elsa (I have a daughter that loves Frozen). This is a chick that hatched 4/9. Hen is BCM. Rooster is Cream Brabanter. I'm guessing it will feather out like a crested BCM. And my favorite photo of the day: My rooster is from my first hatch here. He hatched from a "pure" Wheaten Ameraucana egg (purchased from what I now know was a not-so-reputable breeder- lesson learned). I named him BB after B.B. King. He enjoyed sleeping in my hand as a chick, and I am quite attached. I still make sure he knows I'm the boss, but he knows his job is to take care of his ladies. He posed so nicely for this picture.
Even if he's not pure he is very striking !
It's only day 17 and I saw tiny bit of movement in one of the eggs! :weee Is this normal?
from what I've read, yes, if temps have been slightly high. Good luck!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

If the egg's on a smooth surface, it's not unusual at all. You've definitely got a live one there! Congrats!!!    :clap

It's only day 17 and I saw tiny bit of movement in one of the eggs! :weee Is this normal?
from what I've read, yes, if temps have been slightly high. Good luck!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Awesome thanks! I have never had movement this early, maybe they will hatch 2 days early instead? Haha I wish. Usually they hatch 1 day early.

Back
Top Bottom